Detailing World Forum banner

BH's Alpine White MY20 G01 BMW X3 xDrive20d M Sport

38K views 148 replies 27 participants last post by  muzzer 
#1 ·
After using the A4 Avant to tow for around 6 months the wife & I decided we needed a bigger, more powerful, AWD tow car

My selection was narrowed down to the X3, a Q5, a XC60 & a VW Tiguan
This was quickly narrowed down to the X3 & the Q5

I had made contact via email with both dealers offering the best deals on respective cars
3 phone calls to the Audi 'Sales Executive' & I'm still waiting for him to call me back. He was always on the phone & was going to ring me back

So Audi lost due to the lack of interest

The wife & I went into our local BMW dealership to have a look at a new X3 as I honestly hadn't seen one on the road. I took my best deal in with me just to offer them the business if they could match/beat the deal I had

The killer with BMW at the mo is their 2.9% APR finance for the last 1/4 of 2019
I was managed to negotiate a 'healthy' discount off list & got a decent price for the A4 Avant too

So all in all, the Hound is a happy dawg

Anyway they matched the deal & were able to trace a car that was on the ship with my exact spec!
Hopefully I should be in the new X3 mid November

I chose the solid alpine white as I don't like any of the other X3 colours, but I appreciate we are all different

Spec

MY20 G01 BMW X3 xDrive 20d M Sport
190ps & 400nm torque
Solid alpine white
Auto transmission
AWD
Vernasca leather - black with grey contrast stitching
Aluminum fine cutting interior trim with pearl chrome finisher
BMW live ****pit professional with 12.3" instrument display & a 10.25" control display with ID7

Options

M Sport Plus package
- 20" M light alloy Double-spoke style 699 M wheels, Orbit Grey with mixed tyres, front 8J x 20
with 245/45 R20 tyres, rear 9.5J x 20 with 275/40 R20 tyres
- Adaptive suspension
- M seat belts
- BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents
- Dynamic safety
- Sun protection glass
- M Sport braking system
- Variable sport steering
Towbar, electrically folding

Must admit I'm quite surprised how much standard kit it has -
Power tailgate
Adaptive LED headlights
Power foldy anti dazzle mirrors
F & r parking sensors with rear camera
Heated front seats
Acoustic glazing
Ambient lighting
Parking assistant (Park Assist includes the Reversing Assist camera, lateral parking aid, as well as Active Park Distance Control (PDC)

I'm sure there's more but I just haven't had enough time to read up on it yet lol

Haven't owned a BMW since 2002 so quite interested to see how things go

More info as & when I get it

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm still anchoring after the X3 M40i as I do like the look of the new X3.

Sounds like a beauty does that.

My spec is similar but I'm wanting Pan Roof and the heated steering wheel.

Saw one at BMW Wakefield in Photonic Blue at ÂŁ45k brand new, massive discount from the original OTR price.

No Pan Roof or Heated wheel though.

Did your dealer have the new X3 Competition in by any chance? Jeez, I nearly wet myself when I saw that beauty, 510bhp with stunning looks and price to boot!

#3 ·
The Sales person had an M40i which he loved. His was the only X3 in the dealership so I had a good poke around in it as I hadn't seen one before

Didn't bother test driving it either as I would have always be wanting lol

They did have a X7 M50d in the showroom - a ÂŁ87k monster :doublesho

#18 ·
Went into the Dealers today to have a chat and get some fast BMW water lol
Dealer has agreed to tax from the 1st of December and cover the other 9 days worth of tax
Get the reg. no. on Monday so will sort out insurance then

Still waiting for the big sell on GAP & their GardX :censored:
If the Dealer can match the GAP quote I already have I'll go with them, if not its of to
https://gapinsurance123.co.uk/
for my 4th policy
(GAP quote I have with the above company is a 4 year 'Combined Return to Invoice & Vehicle Replacement' policy with no claim limit
ÂŁ258.28 incl. VAT)

In relation the GardX I'll be saying give me a set of rubber mats & we will say no more about bringing the GardX issue up lol

I've had to order another ethernet to lightning adapter as the 1 I had previously ordered has been lost in the post
Still the new one should be here in time for delivery of the X3
1st thing I'm going to do is enable the memory function on the stop/start button. Hate SS with a passion

5 sleeps to go :car:

#20 ·
Ooh not long to go now :thumb:

With regards to the mats, should come with a set of carpet mats in as standard (unless they've changed it) - which are good quality and flimsy thin things...
Cheers Andy :thumb:

I got a new spare set of OEM mats off eBay. Like you say I'll get another set with the car. TBH the original fitment ones are :censored:. The 1's on my wife's Renault Captur are better

I'm after a set of BMW's OEM rubber mats for when we go caravaning, but at ÂŁ115 a set I ain't paying that :doublesho
I'm not hopeful about getting a set but if you don't ask lol

#23 ·
Insurance sorted for the X3 for Thursday collection

Fully comp for SWMBO & I to drive, protected NCD, not garaged (altho' it will be), 8000 miles/year, ÂŁ350 excess with all the other usual guff included
M&S Car Insurance
ÂŁ277.40 / year

Happy enough with that for a ÂŁ47k (list) car
Nearest quote to this was ÂŁ75 more

#29 ·
Collection day today

I didn't want to collect this car with the transit film on & do a detail from there. Done that 3 times & TBH didn't fancy doing it again
So I took a calculated risk as the X3 is solid white & let the Dealer do the prep

The dealer had a bit of a mare with the prep guys and as a result we were about 1 1/2 late

The wife & I thoroughly inspected and I mean thoroughly inspected the car in the hand over room. Paintwork was spot on, no swirls or marks that we could see. However the X3 was dirty in places where it shouldn't have been IMHO

After a little moan the Sales Manager quickly appeared and couldn't apologise enough
He gave us ÂŁ70 worth of designer shops vouchers and a set of genuine BMW rubber mat set & another apology lol

Not the best hand over but I'm still happy enough. Like my neighbour said he would have been happy to have ÂŁ200 for a mildy dirty car in the nooks and crannies. I was always going to give it a clean myself anyways

Tyres fitted - Pirelli P-Zero's
Delivery mileage - 9.2 miles

We had a busy day so I didn't get to drive it much today so 1st impressions are a bit limited but will update in a weeks time

So far -

Liking the power
Loads & loads of tech to play with
Gloss black front kidney grills

Cool bits -
Electric folding tow bar - it REALLY is cool lol
MSport safety belts
Digi dash

Surprising bits I wasn't expecting it to have -
Black chrome exhaust tips
Courtesy lights in the outside door handles
Interior floor mats are really good quality
Salesman had put a 2nd rear number plate in the boot for the caravan

I'll let the pic's do the talking for time being

Thanks for looking

#35 ·
Looking good mate :thumb:

Can't believe you got the mats thrown in for a bit of dirt :D :lol:

Enjoy it :)
Thanks Andy :thumb:
Bit miffed on the day but got over that very quickly
That looks lovely!

Hope you have a great time with it mate.
Cheers buddy :thumb:
Oh that is very nice BH!! White suits the X3 well

Enjoy :car:
Thanks Chris :thumb:
Looks great and a nice specification BH. :thumb:

Enjoy! :)

Alan W
Cheers Alan :thumb:
Very nice indeed, BH...loving the digital dash and the look of the interior, I bet it's going to be a pleasure to drive.
It does drive well. Gearbox is seamless

#36 ·
Another cool bit of kit
'Welcome Light Carpet' - BMW's name not mine lol
(Pic is from offside door to the rear of the car)

Was checking tow bar under rear of car so I thought I may as well get some under body shots lol

Set up the BMW ConnectedDrive app today
'Tis quite a cool bit of kit
Shows quite bit of info about your car in app on your iPhone

Still getting used to the seat belts tightening shortly after you pull off. A bit weird to start off but getting used to it now

Remainder of the coding cable came today so going to have a play with the BimmerCode app over the weekend

Went into the supplying dealers today and they were obviously still feeling guilty from yesterdays handover as they topped the tank off with ÂŁ25 worth of diesel. Quite a nice gesture IMHO

#44 ·
wish you all the best with it mate, I changed to BMW in 2007 and not driven anything since, the missus has an X1 now too

Keep your eye on the wheels, Ive had a nightmare with the polished finished wheels on My 5 series and my last 3 series.

Also, let me know how you get on with bimmercode, I dont know if its worth it tbh as I have heard the new gen BMW's (mine is a G30) are restricted in some way

#45 ·
wish you all the best with it mate, I changed to BMW in 2007 and not driven anything since, the missus has an X1 now too

Keep your eye on the wheels, Ive had a nightmare with the polished finished wheels on My 5 series and my last 3 series.

Also, let me know how you get on with bimmercode, I dont know if its worth it tbh as I have heard the new gen BMW's (mine is a G30) are restricted in some way
Cheers :thumb:
Will do
& the BimmerCode will be worth it alone if I can have the memory function on the stop/start button. I hate SS with a passion. On the xBimmers website there seems to be new coding getting added all the time for ID7 BMW's

#50 ·
Cheers Steve :thumb:
Agreed...the external lighting is very good, really liking the lights on the handles.

Any chance of a picture of the blue interior lighting, that looks very sexy :doublesho

A few pic's as requested

There's seems to be quite a few colour choices with the ambient lighting but I ain't had time to have a play with the other colours yet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.