Detailing World Forum banner

seriously? wiper blades!

4K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Darlofan 
#1 ·
seriously, just how complicated are wiper blades to fut these days?????

here's some Bosch Aero Twins i bought......

which one fits? 1, 2,3, or 4????? :confused:

(this is the old Bosch in the pic that i took off)

See less See more
#9 ·
getting the old ones off ere simple, squeeze and release basically,

Can you pop the clip off the old wiper and put it onto the new one?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
think i tried that tbh, but worth another go i suppose :thumb:

As above, take the old one off and you'll see which adapter (if any) you need.

IME, they're easier than ever, like garage_dweller mine slide in and clip to secure. Took 30 seconds to change the lot. I nearly laughed when the assistant at Halfords asked if I wanted them died for £8.
yes, was hoping that that was going to be the case, as the old one is Bosch as well

I bought some "bosch" blades from ebay last year and they are already knackered. Suspect they where fakes as bosch blades have always lasted a few years for me.
these were from ECP, so i know they are ok :thumb:

#4 ·
As above, take the old one off and you'll see which adapter (if any) you need.

IME, they're easier than ever, like garage_dweller mine slide in and clip to secure. Took 30 seconds to change the lot. I nearly laughed when the assistant at Halfords asked if I wanted them died for £8.

#6 ·
Yeah they can be fiddly on some models. My Twingo is good that you literally push a button on the wiper and they pull off.

Mercedes have an odd thing, the wipes don't fold out away from the windscreen in their resting position. You have to switch the ignition on, put the wipers on and then turn the ignition off whilst they're in the upwards position. Then they fold out and let you swap the wipers over.

#8 ·
Yeah they can be fiddly on some models. My Twingo is good that you literally push a button on the wiper and they pull off.

Mercedes have an odd thing, the wipes don't fold out away from the windscreen in their resting position. You have to switch the ignition on, put the wipers on and then turn the ignition off whilst they're in the upwards position. Then they fold out and let you swap the wipers over.
On the Merc, simply move the blades by hand to the correct position!

My old one was fine but the new 220D is like yours.

#13 ·
It's not just you. I despair everytime I change mine and wife's. Why there isn't a universal fitting I'll never know. My rear one twice now I've had to return it as fitting was wrong.
Oh and stupidly last time my drivers one came with protective plastic on the blade, I failed to notice it went to test the wipers and was furious at the streaky awful finish. Went to put old one back on when I realised🙄

#19 ·
ok, this is what i had,

so got them changed in the end to....

took 60 seconds to change!

bleeding ridiculous when they list more than one type of wiper blade, really thought i was going mad, again, when a simple task should only have taken one minute to do, you start questioning yourself!

keeping this pack now as a reference for future embarrassment :mad: :eek:

#24 ·
ok, this is what i had,

so got them changed in the end to...

took 60 seconds to change!

bleeding ridiculous when they list more than one type of wiper blade, really thought i was going mad, again, when a simple task should only have taken one minute to do, you start questioning yourself!

keeping this pack now as a reference for future embarrassment :mad: :eek:
For future ref the Bosch part number ending in U are universal fitment so come with a variety of adapters and never look as 'clean' on the car when fitted. The part number on the new box is the exact fit pack for specific cars.

Cheers,

Chris

#23 ·
Picked up some wipers for the Mrs' Fabia recently, and I see what you mean about the variety of adapters! However, on closer inspection, the box lists which adapter is needed for which car, the bits themselves are numbered, and the instruction sheet has different sections for each number too. Despite the many combinations, it was actually really straightforward (although when I said it was "squeeze the button and it'll just slide off" she didn't realise it would _slide_ off and was trying to pull it up. My instructions weren't clear, of course).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.