Detailing World Forum banner

Nilfisk E130.2

7K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  shane_ctr 
#1 · (Edited)
****Just found the original paperwork i bought it November 2014 and the model is a Nilfisk E130.2 X-TRA (Not sure if the X-TRA makes any difference)****

I have a Nilfisk E130.2 Pressure Washer I have had it a number of years and it's a great machine. It comes with a 9m hose as standard which is longer enough to get around the car although 15m would be nice so I can leave the pressure washer in the garage.

Now comes the issue the standard hose is a nightmare as it keeps getting tangled. I thought the easiest way to fix this would be to buy a 15m rubber hose but the problem is my machine has the hose reel and I am told I have no way of changing the hose.

I notice Nilfisk do a 7 meter Quick Coupling Superflex Extension High Pressure Hose which would work great as it would solve the tangling issue but seems very pricy.

https://www.cleanstore.co.uk/produc...vpCwms3KIL1mw0eBf1A8FFR2ynGsAZRkaAthgEALw_wcB

I found a 7 meter STIHL PRESSURE WASHER HIGH PRESSURE HOSE EXTENSION

https://www.toolstoday.co.uk/high-p..._C0HfTUz_oV67rwWdc_EFZYcsK8ZdKOEaAjHgEALw_wcB

The connections look the same can anyone confirm if the stihl connections are the same as Nilfisk as I can justify the price of the Stihl hose.

See less See more
#5 ·
Unfortunately I have already messaged Qwashwers and Below is the response and I have the
90 degree angle fitting.

Nilfisk have two types of banjo fitting that go into the hosereel so you will need to check to see if yours is like in this picture that your looking at (yours will be brass not stainless) and NOT a 90 degree bend one. If it is like in the picture then this ebay item is the correct one but unfortunately if yours goes into your hosereel at a 90 degree angle then we carnt help sorry as we have not yet managed to source the 90 degree fitting.
Thanks

#7 ·
Agreed

If I could just get a 15m rubber hose I would be very happy. I have thought about selling the current machine and buying another PW and adding a 15m hose but I don't think the wife would be very impressed.

I think i am going to have to buy the 7 meter extension.

#9 · (Edited)
I am wanting to double check what fitting I have so i am trying to remove the hose.

I have took the pin out (looks like a big staple) but can't get the hose out. Am I missing something? or is it just stiff?

This is the reason i want to replace it. Also i worry if i pull the hose it will pull the machine over so a 15m hose i could leave the machine in the garage.

#14 ·
I think I am guying to buy it from direct hoses. It's only £10 more for another 5m. I think your right with 20m I can leave the pressure washer set up in the garage and can even keep the garage door shut when using so would keep the noise down. I know I shouldn't but I always worry about starting the pressure washer to early on or to late at night so not to annoy neighbours.

https://www.directhoses.net/collect...rigger-hose-reel-connection?variant=495590209

#15 ·
I'm tempted by the 20m myself as the 10m that came with the P150 is just a tad too short, if you get one let me know what you think :thumb:

Before you fit a new hose or refit your old one it would be worth cleaning the connector on the hose reel if you can get at it then lube the o-rings with silicone grease or petroleum jelly at a push before you refit the connector.

#16 ·
Update

I emailed directhoses Sunday afternoon regarding loss of pressure over extending the hose from the original 9m hose and i got a response from Mark Monday morning. I then had a measure up and decided a 15m hose was more than adequate for my needs. I placed the order yesterday (Tues) afternoon and got an email from DHL this morning (Wed) to say the new hose will be delivered Thursday. I was a bit nerves placing the order as i have read mixed reviews on direct hoses but i have to say so far the service has been first class. I will update the post with pictures once the hose arrives and i have fitted it.

#18 ·
Mark said on a 20m hose i would loose approx 4% in pressure. So I assume 15m would be approximately 2% in pressure.

The 9m hose was always long enough to get around the car without moving the pw. The extra 6m means I can leave the pw in the garage and just unwind the hose. I did a fair bit of research and I have found others saying 15m will fit in the reel.

I would recommend taking your hose out to check the fitting before ordering as some models have a 90 degree fitting which means you can not replace the hose.

#19 ·
Thank you Shane, I am trying to do similar to you. I've just had a hot and cold tap installed in my garage so want to be able to just pull the reel out and start cleaning ! It looks like the hose may fit some E140 models and not others so I will check,knowing my luck it won't fit!

#20 · (Edited)
Hose arrived today and was delivered via DHL. I have to say top service from Mark at
Direct Hoses.

Was very easy to connect to my pw and fits on the reel perfectly. I haven't had a chance to test it yet but first thoughts are why didn't I do this sooner. The hose stays flat I can leave the pw in the garage and just pull the hose out.

where can i upload png images

#22 ·
Yes before i took the pictures i had the pw unit just in front of the boxes (Storing boxes for a friend who has just had a divorce, looking forward to getting my garage back) and could get the hose right round the car without moving the unit. I am planning to install a hot and cold tap in the garage shortly on the side wall and plan to buy the Nilfisk hook to hook the pressure washer to the wall so i can leave the unit in a fixed place in the garage and keep the garage door shut with the hose running underneath. I hope this will mean the noise from the PW will be dramatically quieter than having the pw outside meaning i won't be worrying about upset any neighbours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.