Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Car Chem
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Car Chem Car-Chem Ltd have an extensive range of the highest quality car care products on the market, whether it is for interior freshness or exterior shine, Car-Chem know that attention to detail is of the most importance, here at Car-Chem we will strive to make sure you and your car have our upmost attention with our extensive car treatment product range which will guarantee your car looks back to its show room shine. Unlike many car care companies we formulate and manufacture everything ourselves, we feel this gives us an advantage over our competitors as we have the facility and machinery to achieve consistency, quality and versatility.

Old 12-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
RT1994
Washmitt Meister

Review - Car Chem Super Suds Shampoo / 1900:1

So as promised, I wanted to do a quick write up on the Car Chem Super Suds Shampoo (also known as the 1900:1) after wanting to try it for a while now. Finally got it a couple of weeks back and had some dry weather to test it yesterday.

The instructions say to add 4 pumps of product to 20 litres of water. I also tested on other cars with 3 and 5 pumps but 4-5 was perfect for me. I think this is all personal preference whether you want to make it more economical or slicker/sudsier for use.

Itís pleasant smelling, has great slickness and lubricity to the shampoo when washing the car with a mitt and of course lots of suds. Iím comparing this to Meguiars Gold Class as Iíve tested a lot of shampoos over the last couple of years and this has always been my go to for a sudsy, slick shampoo which wonít strip LSP.

I think one of the key factors of using the product is itís price point due to the dilution ratio with no compromise of the quality of the product. I wasnít expecting so much from using so little of the product and this is a huge advantage over other brands. Can honestly say Iím converted and will be using this as my shampoo going forward.

Sorry I didnít get any photos of the shampoo in use but was cold, windy and the daylight against me. So just a quick photo after a Winter maintenance wash, top up of LSP and then went for a quick drive.

Overall, Iím very impressed with Super Suds Shampoo - thanks Car Chem! Would definitely recommend you give this stuff a go. Really looking forward to using the other products Iíve received recently from Car Chem. Thanks for reading, any questions just give me a shout.
RT1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RT1994 For This Useful Post:
stonejedi (12-01-2020), vsideboy (21-01-2020), wayne451 (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
kingswood
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,047 Times in 628 Posts
i bought this, agree with the above. will last ages and easy to use with the pump. highly recommended
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
GeeWhizRS

Thanked 1,200 Times in 802 Posts
Garage
I'm gonna try this stuff again; my bottle is just sat in the garage sulking. The first time I tried it was with a foam cannon and I wasn't impressed. I'll video the next attempt and upload if it is the same as before.
GeeWhizRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,460 Times in 5,073 Posts
Great write up

So about 12ml of shampoo then worked well ?
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:54 PM   #5
minimadmotorman
Orbital Oracle

Garage
I've got 6 litres of this stuff. I might start bathing in it!
minimadmotorman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #6
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,460 Times in 5,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimadmotorman View Post
I've got 6 litres of this stuff. I might start bathing in it!

6 litres !!!

Thatís going to take a while to use
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:44 PM   #7
RT1994
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWhizRS View Post
I'm gonna try this stuff again; my bottle is just sat in the garage sulking. The first time I tried it was with a foam cannon and I wasn't impressed. I'll video the next attempt and upload if it is the same as before.
Definitely give it another try. I was impressed and took a lot to get me away from Megs Gold Class. Would try it in a bucket though, 4/5 pumps of shampoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Great write up

So about 12ml of shampoo then worked well ?
Cheers, and I believe so. Car Chem say 12ml to an average car so I’m guessing that refers to the 4 pumps. If so that would be around 80 buckets per litre of shampoo which is great value. Next time I use it I’ll measure it out to confirm but I’m sure that’s correct
The Following User Says Thank You to RT1994 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (13-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #8
GeeWhizRS

Thanked 1,200 Times in 802 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT1994 View Post
Definitely give it another try. I was impressed and took a lot to get me away from Megs Gold Class. Would try it in a bucket though, 4/5 pumps of shampoo.
I'll try it again RT but there will be no buckets used! Did my avatar not hint to that?! 😂 Foam cannon application and multiple wash mitts is how I roll. A bucket is only used to dump the dirty wash mitts in. 😉 I work fast and clean - my back isn't up to lugging buckets about.
GeeWhizRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:20 PM   #9
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,695 Times in 3,001 Posts
It's a fantastic shampoo

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
RT1994
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWhizRS View Post
I'll try it again RT but there will be no buckets used! Did my avatar not hint to that?! �� Foam cannon application and multiple wash mitts is how I roll. A bucket is only used to dump the dirty wash mitts in. �� I work fast and clean - my back isn't up to lugging buckets about.
Haha I should have seen that �� I always do a good two stages of pre-wash (TFR and snow foam) before I even contact wash the car with a soft mitt so keeps any swirls to a bare minimum. I haven’t tried through a lance so I can only comment how good it was via a bucket but worth a go!

Tags
1900:1, car chem, review, shampoo, super suds