Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-17 of 32 Results
  1. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    My alloys are heavily contaminated on the inside. I have taken one off and sprayed it will fallout remover and after several goes it has removed some but not all. I’ve also tried claying it but there is still lots left. Should I try an acid cleaner next? Any suggestions would be appreciated
  2. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hi, I'm new here and I'm looking for some advice/help. I have a set of alloys that I'm finding awkward to clean effectively. It's down to the design and gaps available, making it near impossible getting inside to clean the alloys. Add the car's brakes in, and within 10-15 minutes of very...
  3. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    hi, im just half way though polishing up a set of 3sdm 0.05s . i now need to think about what im going to put on the to protect them and stop them tarnishing . i have asked a few people and they all use different things like c5, poor boys wax, 9h and other brands. as i have put quite a lot...
  4. Detailing Chat
    Hello, this may be a novice question however I would like to get some answers and validation before I start. I have bought pre painted alloys. The paint is chipping, and got a few road rashes. My solution to fix this would be to sand down areas that are bad, fill it with filler. Sand down till...
  5. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    I'm considering buying a set of Diamond Cut wheels for my new car - I like shiny things - but I'm noticing a trend as I search the net. As I search I keep coming across common issues and problems people have experienced with them. White worming the most common and also when curbed they don't...
  6. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Black alloys road grime - updated result Original Message: So I have gloss black alloys and over the last few months the condition continues to get worse. They aren't stupidly bad but there is a build of some sort of grime on all of the wheels that doesn't wash of using a mitt or a microfibre...
  7. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    So just got my wheels powder coated and looked great. As I don't have spares, I had to drive with them on. So now they got light scratch marks from the A roads:censored: Can I polish the powder coated wheels black gloss? If so which 1 as I was going to put C5 armor on Wednesday. Any help would...
  8. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hey all, My alloys are getting powder coated right now so pick them up in 2 days. The guy said about warranty of the coating that using acid cleaner won't be covered. So would tar&glue remover be to strong and dragon breath fallout ? As I want to coat them next week with C5. So it would...
  9. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hey all, used some iron fallout remover on my black rims earlier. Noticed that there are some streaks/ stains on the rim and washed with soapy water twice. I've noticed that some are still present despite this. Whats the best way to get this off? Ideas: - More fallout remover followed by...
  10. Great Deals
    With the launch of IGL Coatings in the UK I would like to bring a great bargain on getting those alloys looked after over the winter period. IGL Ecocoat Rim - 10% off! Ecocoat rim is a our premium rim coating formulation. Created with more than 90% of proprietary modified silica. It forms an...
  11. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hello Can anyone recommend a decent one that they'd used before? How was the result and longevity? Or was thinking of getting the bits & pieces required to DIY, e.g: (1)sandpaper (various grades) (2)epoxy resin (3)spray paint & varnish Can't quite justify a refurb due to cost as I have 2...
  12. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hi, I've removed my alloys to give them their first deep clean and I'm struggling to get them as clean as I'd like. I've tried smart wheels, tardis, fallout remover and clay. The only thing that seems to touch the ingrained stuff is smart wheels and A LOT of elbow grease; about an hours...
  13. Detailing Chat
    Hi all, After drooling at all the show n shine posts I am now wondering which wheel cleaner to add to my collection. I know many of you have your own preferred brand but is there one that is the more popular choice and stands out from the others? It looks like most of the wheel cleaner...
  14. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hi peeps! I wonder if anybody has any advice for me please? I have a (new to me!) 2006 Polo GTi :). I love the car and have been detailing it the past weekend and will get a thread on that soon! ANYWAY! The wheels are really bad to be honest and definitely need a refurb, however, on getting...
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hi all, great site/forum - so much detail and great pics, Wondered if I could get some basic advice on looking after a new car's (solid) white bodywork, I'm thinking of buying soon? Previously have used AG Shampoo (2 bucket method), then blade/chamois (AG synthetic), then AG Super Resin Polish...
  16. Detailing Chat
    Hi Guys & Gals, My Friend Mike has recently had his alloys refurbished & powder coated black. They look an absolute treat, but then he text me earlier saying he thinks they may be scratched, already! He's asked me to post as he's awaiting the auth of his DW account. After picking up the car...
  17. Detailing Chat
    I feel very sick today, just got my alloys back from Lepsons in Kent and the first thing I noticed once I unwrapped one of them was the centre cap was sitting way back in the alloy and not flush with the face like before they were sent. They also would not budge, like they had been stuck in...
1-17 of 32 Results