Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-15 of 108 Results
  1. Interior & Glass
    Hi is there a sealant / repellent which can be sprayed onto the fabric seats to stop water stains? I have a Tiguan R-Line with the grey cloth and alcantara seats. Everytime I get in wet, ie coat wet from the rain etc the water splashes are staining the seating. Is there anything available to...
  2. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    I’m after everyone’s experience and opinions (sorry if this has been asked before). Has anyone used Gyeon Wet Coat on a black car? What has the finish been like? I am thinking of buying some as an LSP, some previous spray sealants have given me issues with streaking, Hybrid Solutions ceramic...
  3. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi all, Having took a break from detailing for the last 5 years due to a house move and a back injury, I have now got a new (to me) car that I am itching to get detailing! It is a 12 year old BMW 320D in reasonably good condition for its age, however I know the paint can be improved...
  4. Competitions
    🚨 FREE GRAPHENE 🚨 Happy Friday all. Yes you read that right, yes we have gone crazy. We are giving away a free bottle of our brand new CarChem Graphene Sealant which will be nicely presented in a 50ml Glass Dropper Bottle 😱 🤔 How to claim it. ➡Head over to our discussion group and see the pinned...
  5. Interior & Glass
    Hi all, Just sealed the seats on my brand new BMW (they’re oyster, so this was super important!) using Dodo Juice Supernatural Leather Sealant. I’ve been trying to find out the durability of this online but can’t seem to find a proper answer. Does anyone know? I’ve used half of the 250ml...
  6. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    I love the sight of water beads on the paint, but hate the fact that after a week it looks way worse than neighbours car that NEVER gets washed except at a service. All the dust just stays where the beads were. What is a good sealant, preferably with decent longevity that sheets instead of...
  7. Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
    Hi all, I recently did a wheels off detail with the full decon (thorough clean, iron fallout remover, tar remover, clay barred, light polish and lastly an IPA wipedown). I finished off with Fusso coat light which has been great for about 6 weeks but has just failed on me and lost all...
  8. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Long time since I've posted on here! Which is probably why I have this question :( Just took a look at some of my waxes that have been in the garage for 2 - 4 years I'd say. Some look okay but one quite expensive wax seems to have a "jelly" on the top. My questions are do waxes have a use by...
  9. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi All I thought I'd take a minute to pass on my experience with turtlewax sealant hydrophobic wax (seal n shine), which I think is an awesome product. First off I love to clean my car but in reality with a toddler and a heavily pregnant wife I barely get chance to do so, as a result I'm...
  10. LSP
    Introduction I want to both thank and apologise to Matt at Britemax Direct, he sent this product out quite a while ago but I had some issues initially with testing. Another bottle was sent out but it has taken me quite a while to get around to reviewing this. Finally though I have managed to...
  11. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hello guys, I have Gtechniq CSL + C2V3 coating on my car about 2 month. With good body preparation before applying. I wash my car every 2-3 weeks in 3 stages 1 stage - Angelwax Fastfoam 2 stage - Vallet Pro Poseidon 3 stage - Koch Protector Wax every 2-3 weeks and update C2V3 every 2 month...
  12. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Is it safe to use carpro hydro2 lite on windows? I have seen people saying that it is safe but also seen people saying to do just in the panels so not sure about windows (glass) and some other materials like plastic (bumper).
  13. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Looking for recommendations for a caravan. Was thinking ceramic but I need to apply outside on a fine day at this time of year. Any thoughts appreciated.
  14. Bilt Hamber
    Would applying double speed-wax over Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (EGP) be detrimental to the benefits of EGP? I appreciate EGP is considered a short to medium duration sealant, but thinking double speed-wax would add a bit of depth to the finish (VW chestnut brown) as well as a bit more...
  15. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Thinking of a new product for winter protection. Both of these seem like good durable options. Has anyone tried both? Which is your preference and why :)?
1-15 of 108 Results