Detailing World Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 66 Results
  1. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    I am about to spray some buzzweld 2k epoxy primer on to a inner car body I have bought new 3m 6059 filters and 3m 5911 particulate filters to go over the filters on my full face mask. Will this be enough protection? first time spraying this epoxy primer. Thanks
  2. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    What would be the best process to get the clear coating back on those 2 areas in the pictures. Bonet and the boot, 2015 Fiat 500. Sticky L plates has removed the clear coating covering the paint.
  3. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hey guys, i tried fixing sine rust issues on my var by myself. I used sandpaper, spraypaint with same color code as my car, as well as clear coat. After this i wetsanded the area 1500-2000-3000-5000 before i waxed it. This was my first time doing this, but the finish looks matte and awful. Any...
  4. Detailing Classifieds
    Absolutely as new Devilbiss DAGR gravity airbrush. Used only once! Retails at over £200. Includes air feed pipe which is purchased separately. Beautiful quality item. Invaluable to detailers who smart repair vehicles too. Great for blowing in kerb damage on wheels, tiny blow ins to paintwork...
    £130 GBP
  5. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Looking for recommendations on a company that are door chip repair experts in the north Cambridgeshire or south Lincolnshire area. Don't fancy trying it myself as most of the time the DIY paint sticks end up making it look worse.
  6. ValetPRO
    Find out how to use ValetPRO products to revive faded paintwork. We've included a visual example on how well our products work in a 50/50 photograph. If you're interested in undertaking this task (made easier using ValetPRO products) then this is a must read. Enjoy! A day before lockdown...
  7. Tools - Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing
    Hello guys newbie here. Well, I've actually been lurking for the last 15 years but always scared myself off when choosing a machine polisher. Ive been reading the detailing guide and understand getting the correct products is more important than the actual machine itself? I'm looking for a...
  8. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hi, I'm planning on touching up a couple of rust spots on my car and with compressor issues I've decided to go with cans. I've seen this set on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-POL-AEROSOL-PAINT-PRIMER-LACQUER-REPAIR-KIT-FOR-FORD-MOONDUST-SILVER/264485164910 and was wondering what people...
  9. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    hi, I'm in the process of refurbing my alloys and wanting to go white, i don't mind a matte, satin or gloss finish but i probably would prefer to lacquer over the paint for protection. so far I've tried cheapo matt spray paint, auto extreme, and simoniz gloss white. the cheap paint didn't...
  10. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Hi folks, trying to squeeze into my parking spot and I've scuffed the bumper on my car as the *** next to me was right on the line. Never had a problem before and so this has really :censored::censored::censored: me off! Any personal recommendations for a paint shop in...
  11. Detailing Chat
    Hello, this may be a novice question however I would like to get some answers and validation before I start. I have bought pre painted alloys. The paint is chipping, and got a few road rashes. My solution to fix this would be to sand down areas that are bad, fill it with filler. Sand down till...
  12. Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
    Hi, Been on here for a while when I first started out but never posted before. I ended up getting into rotations of lease cars so lost my enthusiasm for doing a decent job on a car for it to be handed back a year or so later. However, I'm now in a silver 308 that I bought outright. Its a 15...
  13. The Showroom
    I've been meaning to give the bonnet of the family bus a bit of a seeing to for a while, and this Thursday just gone the stars aligned in that the kids were a way with their grandparents, I was off work, the wife didn't need the car, and the weather (cool, overcast) was pretty much perfect for...
  14. Pre-wash stages: Washing, Drying, Clay & Detailing
    Spotted a good deal on a New leon Cupra 300 and my pal was looking at cars. He's actually got it on order and I think i'm more excited than he is! Anyway, he hasn't really had much (any) interested in keeping his black 08 astra paint in any sort of a condition. Maybe a few washes per year with...
  15. Machine Polishing
    So I have posted a number of times now asking for help with my black seat ibiza. I have tried many different methods to remove swirls from my paint and have generally improved the finish. After the initial correction it looked great but after washing for the first time, I could see very fine...
  16. Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
    Hi Guys, I have some random deep scratches in the paint of my 2nd hand Jaguar (2016), and they look something like this; They're not even that deep... I have tried the following to get them out; Meguairs ultimate compound Meguairs scratchX 2.0 Scholl S40 Scholl S17+ Farécla G3 Advanced...
  17. Pre-wash stages: Washing, Drying, Clay & Detailing
    Hello! I have a black Seat Ibiza FR, which I recently clayed before doing a 2 step polish and wax. Car looks great in the sun! I was wondering if there's any way to prevent dust from collecting on the paints surface? I'd rather not be doing much to the paint in between washes as I want to...
  18. Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
    Hi, my white bmw gt is going in for a respray soon due to previous owner. Wanted to know what could I use to protect the new paint work ... The bodyshop said after dried, he will be polishing it with Meguiar's 205. Would Gtechniq exo or c1 be the best protection without being way to expensive...
  19. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Took my car to a local body shop. I had rust on both rear wheel arches of my 2006 9-5 Aero Estate. There was also a bit of rust on the near side front wing next to the arch. On top of this there was a small rust spot on the tailgate. Near side rear arch Near side front wing Tailgate I...
  20. Painting/Spraying & Bodywork
    Is it worth trying to "pick out" a less than satisfactory stone chip repair job? I have paint chip repairs that are nice, smooth and glossy - but the colour match is not particularly good. It's Stornoway Grey for a 09 Land Rover, but the paint kit has a blue hue to it - it's not a grey as I...
1-20 of 66 Results