Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I was after a couple of new buckets, and thought about white ones as I use ONR and want to see the quality of the water as washing.
I came across a white scratch shield bucket for about £12, which looked fine.
So looking on google I entered 20l bucket to see where was best to buy.
I found this link and wondered if these are the same size as the scratch shield bucket.

http://www.oipps.co.uk/catalogue/details.aspx?item=10-PBK20.0WHW&from=Buckets*Tubs

Works out £11.50 for 2 buckets with delivery.
Any thoughts?

Regards

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been after a couple of big buckets with lids for a while now, but never really got round to getting some.

Saw some today at The Range shop... they were Beer brewing ones, best part of 30l with lids Tenner each

figured i had better hold out untill ive looked online to see how much they actually are.

well £11.50 later and there are 2 buckets winging their way to me as we speak ;)

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I was on the verge of ordering very similar ones from ampulla. About the same price too.

I only really wanted one though (onr too) so the time the postage was on it ended up being not much of a saving over adding one of Elite Car Cares buckets onto an order I was making anyways.

Worth checking prices if you're planning on making any orders with any of the retailers in the near future

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
I have about 8 of these from local boot sale £1 each sturdy buckets mine were well cleaned out ones that food stuff comes in for the local schools.

Thats a good price with delivery at that.

·
DW Superstar
5,337 Posts
How do you get grit guards to stay put in the bottom of the buckets? Mine seems to float to the top as there are no ridges at the bottom of my buckets to hold them in place. I did superglue them in place but this was only temporary as they came unstuck a couple of washes in.
BTW, I'm off to Topps for 2 of those buckets so any tips on securing grit guards would be appreciated.

·
Registered
269 Posts
How do you get grit guards to stay put in the bottom of the buckets? Mine seems to float to the top as there are no ridges at the bottom of my buckets to hold them in place. I did superglue them in place but this was only temporary as they came unstuck a couple of washes in.
BTW, I'm off to Topps for 2 of those buckets so any tips on securing grit guards would be appreciated.
Use Epoxy Resin instead of Superglue. You can buy small tubes of branded versions like Araldite in places like Homebase. Be warned though, if you do it right, once its in it aint coming out!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I picked two of these up earlier :thumb:

I really can't see why people are paying such an excessive amount for buckets online when they are sold for next to nothing in local DIY stores
It all depends on where you buying from. Do agree that some retailer are charging silly money for them.

As I said before, I got my one from Elite for £6.49, so only £1 more than that one from Wickes. OK, so it's 20L vs 30L from Wickes. But that's 15L more than what I put in my bucket anyways.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.