Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm very tempted to install an engine pre-heater in the car for the upcoming winter. As i understand it there are 2 types - one hard wired into the car's electrical system, i.e. 12v and the one I'm considering which is a 240v one - this would mean running a cable from the car into the garage and switching on as on the bay of e.

The pre-heater basically heats and pumps the coolant around the engine (by splicing a coolant hose and inserting the heater) and slowly warms the engine - this would assist with cold starting and also with demisting on those cold winter mornings.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting or living with these? I'd be really interested to hear views, opinions or experiences.

Thanks

Cooks

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
running a cable from the car into the garage and switching on as on the bay of e.....
and also with demisting on those cold winter mornings.
If your car is in the garage your windows shouldn't be misted surely? If the car is in a garage IMO its a bit of an overkill. If the car is outside I can really see the attraction of it, the only issue is the cable trailing into the car. I would only be happy doing this on a very private drive.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Depends how damp your garage is. Mine has a double skin door with rubber seals . the boiler is in there too so ambient temp rarely drops below 12deg c . always leave door windows open ..especially over winter storage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.