Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Have 2.5k budget
looking something that will be good in ice/snow if this harsh winter comes that's promised. Maybe estate or jeep? Open to suggestions!!!

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
11,623 Posts
Invest the money in snow tyres for your own car.

Just think back your entire driving life and think of how many times you've had real issues. It really is rare for the majority to have serious issues.

They've predicted the harsh winter is coming for a good while now. It was sunny and lovely in Aberdeen today. We thought we'd be 3ft under by now.

I can honestly only remember 1 really bad day in 6 years.

The snow effect is so blown out of proportion these days.

Snow tyres work a treat. Not good for driving on normally though.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Invest the money in snow tyres for your own car.

Just think back your entire driving life and think of how many times you've had real issues. It really is rare for the majority to have serious issues.

They've predicted the harsh winter is coming for a good while now. It was sunny and lovely in Aberdeen today. We thought we'd be 3ft under by now.

I can honestly only remember 1 really bad day in 6 years.

The snow effect is so blown out of proportion these days.

Snow tyres work a treat. Not good for driving on normally though.
^^ This works for the most part.

Otherwise, if you just fancy a winter runabout and are asking us to justify it for you ;) ;) then I'd say a non-turbo Subaru Impreza/Forrester/Legacy hatch/estate or a Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin. But ultimately, 4wd or not, you're liable to come a cropper with poor tyres.

Edit: The reason I specifically say non-turbo impreza, other than being cheaper to buy, is that you can pick up winter tyres for them pretty cheap if you find one running on boggo 15" wheels.

·
Registered
11,623 Posts
The time you buy a car, organise winter tyres which is the important part here, tax, insurance and have the potential for other unseen bills, it's not worth it.

Snow tires for your own car is the easiest and cheapest method.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes think I'm going to stick a set of winter tyres on the main car and as selling our second car I'm going to hold off purchasing another at the moment and see how we get on.
Thanks to all who replyed!

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.