Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I want to clean my car top to bottom ,so i can put it away for winter, the think is I work weekend mornings so don't get long to do it.
The advise I'm after , is I will have time to wash. But realy want to wax, polish it ,what's the best think to do ???????? Cover it with ???????????? So I can work on it the next few nights.
Thanks for any advise..

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Are you storing it inside over winter? Garage?

What do you already have? Might be worth removing the wheels and giving it a good clean up in the arches and the insides of the wheels. That take a while so would probably be an afternoons worth of work. You might have to do it in stages if time is an issue.

If you arn't planning to drive it anywhere I'd have thought any wax would have done and will last as long as possible on the car.

List what you already have unless you want to go and spend money...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its keeper in a heated garage,
I use poorboys mainly as I get on ok with it.

The advise I'm looking is , say I wash the car today, and it gets dark and I run out of time , what's the the best thing to do so I can polish/wax it tomorrow say.
I do have this cover

Attachments

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If it's kept inside you would be fine mate. Whip round with some quick detailer before you start again. If it's inside and hasn't gone anywhere since it's last wash then it might only get a bit of dust if your lucky.

To put things in to perspective - people drive unprotected cars all day, everyday. Their car's paint doesn't instantly go bad. I'm sure a washed car with no protection on will be better than most of the cars out on the road. Don't look into things too much but use your common sense, if it's got dirt or dust on it needs removing before you start polishing.

So if your pushed for time,

Wheels and arches
Wash
Decontaminate - fallout remover, tar remover, clay.
Polish + wax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.