Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Built-Not-Bought
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my (Marmite) Clio 172 has been feeling unloved for a few weeks.

Been driven through all the nasty wind and rain so was look pretty sorry for itself. Then yesterday I met a friend at Brands Hatch to watch the British Truck Racing and decided to park her on the South bank. This entailed lots of muddy tracks and puddles.

As you can see, rather mucky!!

So after an extremely thorough pre-wash rinse, the was washed with some Dodo Juice BTBM shampoo and Meguiars mf mitts. Rinsed and dried with more micro fibre goodness.

The car is currently wearing two coats of Serious Detailing Super Spray sealant which was beading like mad the moment I rinsed the car. Tyres were treated to some Meguiars tyre gel.

Finally the interior was vacuumed and all plastics (external as well) treated to some Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl care.

Will probably stay clean for at least a day! :lol:

·
Built-Not-Bought
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you like the car mate and thanks for the comments. :)

Considering what the base car cost me and what efforts I've put into it, I love driving it. Even thought it's my daily car it still feels a bit special to driving. Let alone now the colder weather is here and the induction noise is awesome!

·
Built-Not-Bought
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's exactly the angle I was going for with this car, making it a bit of a laugh and a bit cheeky.

I took my mate out in the car yesterday and he owned it before me. This was when the car wasn't running right and was down to 155bhp (dodgy exhaust/induction kit). It's now running in the region of 180-185bhp and he really noticed a difference! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.