Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first go with ADS wax today and found it a bit dusty when removing.

Anyone else had this or am I too heavy handed with the wax.

Car does look good though!

·
king of the flexonian
12,486 Posts
Yeah it will be over applied, easy given how oily it is. Two money can't by tips

1) dab the applicator in the pot, don't swipe or twist it. What is on it from a light dab is more than enough

2) don't keep going back over applied sections. I tend to apply like I'm working a polish almost. Do an area, remove, then carry on until the panel is finished. I find this way really quick, and gets the oily wax looks without compromising durability

Matt

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it will be over applied, easy given how oily it is. Two money can't by tips

1) dab the applicator in the pot, don't swipe or twist it. What is on it from a light dab is more than enough

2) don't keep going back over applied sections. I tend to apply like I'm working a polish almost. Do an area, remove, then carry on until the panel is finished. I find this way really quick, and gets the oily wax looks without compromising durability

Matt
Thanks Dan and Matt - was using a wax mate for the first time (usually use the swissvax pucks) and was giving it a twist:eek:. I guess that combined with the more absorbant nature of the puck led to me overloading it.

Also tried the window wipes (which were part of the original sample packs from Alfred a year or so ago). Needed a good spritz of 25% IPA to remove the residue (bit late in buffing it off I think). Hope I haven't affected its properties. Will see when the next rain comes! Looking forward to seeing how it compares to Wolfs glass guard.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the effort was worth it. Rain overnight and I was rewarded with some lovely beading which was a joy to watch as it rolled off the bonnet on the drive to work (danger of being done for "undue care" as it's so hypnotising).

The window wipes worked well also with the rain beading off nicely at 45mph.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Way too much product and needed to remove the wax almost instantly :)
I only find it dusty on the applicator when I get lazy and leave the applicator pad to dry and dust it off :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
I find that using NGPS unnecessary for a final wipedown and would cause smears and streaks. I would let Kotsos set properly before applying anything on it. It's sleek and smooth enough as it is :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.