Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after spending several hours yesterday cleaning the CTR i chanced giving it a coat of of PB natty's. It was about 12 degrees and i thought give it a try. I know 15 degrees is the recommended but 3 degrees what's the worst.

:(

Well big rookie mistake the wax just set like concrete and looked bloody awful in the end I gave up and had to use eraser to get rid.

So having no wax my only option was to try a bottle of AG EGP that i got a few xmas's ago in a set. Having never used this i read the back and it said nothing about temps so thought what the hell.

It went on with an oily consistency left it for 40 mins or so and buffed off with little effort. I was really surprised with the results it looked really slick :argie: To my amazement this morning beads everywhere :D.

This is one product I shall definately be using again over the cold winter and spring months.

Anybody else recommend a good product when the temps are low ?

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
yep its good stuff alright. im hoping to get out later and snow foam my new car and give it some of the extra gloss protection just to keep it looking decent for a few more weeks till i get the time to give it a good detail

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a product I've ever looked at to be honest in the past but I'm a convert. Did the wheels as well yesterday and they look great. I believe it can last a couple of months but to be honest it's so easy to apply i really don't mind topping it up every few weeks if needed.

Off to buy some wheel woolies now after reading up, this site will eventually bankrupt me :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Fantastic sealant - cheap as chips as well! I have a coat on my van which is still going strong after 3 months or so.

Funny though as I have found it to be very fussy in the cold, taking one hell of a long time to cure which is why I generally prefer waxes at this time of year.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i done my little van only last week when i could see my own breath. must have only been a few degrees above. and done fine. its not ideal but it worked. but that was in a garage so the outside dampness couldnt get to the car

·
Registered
765 Posts
I must be doing it wrong :D

I tried EGP for the first time a few weeks back, over fully machine polished white paint finished with 2 coats of SRP. It was really hard to remove after a half hour wait and went streaky. Ended up using Poorboys exp instead.

Sounds like I did something wrong along the way if you guys have had such success.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I must be doing it wrong :D

I tried EGP for the first time a few weeks back, over fully machine polished white paint finished with 2 coats of SRP. It was really hard to remove after a half hour wait and went streaky. Ended up using Poorboys exp instead.

Sounds like I did something wrong along the way if you guys have had such success.
My guess would be that there was too much moisture in the air. I've had that on occasion.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've applied it already two times.

First time went very easy. Second time I had maybe applied to much.
And then it was difficult to remove. It left a thick white layer which was
very grabby and a pain to remove.

This weekend I will use it to protect my car for winter.

Durability and looks are very good imo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.