Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at replacing my Ibiza with one of these it will properly be a diesel. Any faults with these? what sort of mpg do you get? and do they suffer from rust like Alfas from the past?.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I can't comment on diesels but I owned a 2004 1.6 T Spark Lusso from new (6 months old) and never had any issues with it after 56,000 miles. I loved the car and sold it in 2011. I regret it! :wall: It was the second best car I've owned (after my current Freelander 2).

Mine never suffered with rust either. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's good news what are the petrols like do they drink it?. I can't figure out why the 1.6 N/A is so dear to tax £260 per year, my dads mk5 Golf GTi 2 litre turbo is only £20 more a year so how does that work out :/.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a joke in my circles that the 147 was called so after a mate was charged £147 to replace a headlight bulb that had failed on its MOT! Ridiculous main dealer prices mixed with having to remove the wheel and some trim to get at the rear of the headlight unit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.