Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a relative new comer to detailing and as you will see, very new to Detailing World, in fact this is my first real post, so hello all.

To date I have really enjoyed the detailing I have done and seem to be getting some great results, well I'm pleased....! However I am currently planning moving from Carnauba wax protection to a sealant based product. No real reason just fancied a change and thought I would give a sealant a go over the winter.

I have a new Audi A7 and after a full foam, wash, clay and DA polish I applied Sonax Premium Class Carnauba, three applications over a couple of days. I'm thinking of using Echelon Zen Xero but happy to receive any other recommendations.

Okay the question:- Before I apply the sealant, I assume I will need to remove the current wax layer, how do I do this effectively?

Thanks in advance all.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Wash it, dry it and then use a paint cleanser such as AG HD Cleanser. That will remove the wax. Things like AS G101 will also remove the wax if used at a suitable dilution, but I prefer a dedicated paint cleanser.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Welcome to the forum first of all :wave:

Just out of curiosity, where did you purchase your Ecelon Zen zero from, this product will rival any carnauba based product on the planet, you will not need to touch the car at all in the winter months.
You cannot buy this product in the UK, it's especially for the Asia market.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Trip tdi,

You have pre-empted my next question, “Where can you buy Ecelon Zen zero” I have been reading up on it and was very impressed with the reviews. Never thought you could not buy it in the UK.

I’ll do some research and try and track it down, I know a few guys who travel to Asia and the far East regularly. I’ll PM you if I have any success.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
701 Posts
If you are going to apply a sealant of that quality and cost then you would want to be sure that the paint is totally bare. In my opinion the best way to ensure this would be to use a panel wipe as used by car bodyshops. Something like U-POL would be adequate but Spies Hecker is considered to be top-notch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys,

I'll certainly take your advice and use the Spies Hecker treatment. Unfortunately I now have a bigger problem, I can’t source the Echelon Zen Xero and now I have seen the reviews and you guys rate it so highly, I’m determined to use it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.