Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently bought some Nano off Spoony in the swaps section and I'm fishing for application tips. Looking to apply it when we have a decent enough break in this cruddy weather so any advice will be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

·
king of the flexonian
12,485 Posts
Hi all, I recently bought some Nano off Spoony in the swaps section and I'm fishing for application tips. Looking to apply it when we have a decent enough break in this cruddy weather so any advice will be greatly appreciated. :thumb:
It's pretty versatile. You can apply on make up pads, foam pads, suede wrapped around a block or folded suede. The latter is my choice. I fold a cloth up to a touch smaller than my 4 fingers combined, put quite a few drops on to cover the surface initially, then add more as is required. You can remove once the panel is finished, and as with all such products I like to use two mf cloths for removal, one for initial removal and one on smear duty. It should be quick and effortless

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I used a foam applicator and it worked fine. Did find it difficult to see when putting the drops on the pad so i got some of the blue ADS ones from Matt.:D I'm hoping this will make it easier to see on the pad when applying the next coat...:thumb:

p.s. the water behaviour is epic!!See my thread below.:D

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320322

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, just what I was looking for. Just a quick question(s) Matt - The liquid in the bottle is cloudy, will this still be ok to apply?

Wylie - How much product did you use for two coats on your Golf? I have a Skoda Yeti and the bottle I got off Spoony has about 25ml left in it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Definitely didn't use more than 15ml (ish) for two coats on the Golf. You should be fine with 25mls - as usual thin is best and you'll need good lights if you want to see where you're applying it. But you can 'feel' it as well - I found that when the applicator was rubbing on my bare paint was 'grabby' in comparison. I used Eraser as a final wipe down before application.:thumb:

The only problem is seeing the water droplets on the bonnet - quite a distraction when you're driving!:lol:

·
Registered
9,149 Posts
Thanks guys, just what I was looking for. Just a quick question(s) Matt - The liquid in the bottle is cloudy, will this still be ok to apply?

Wylie - How much product did you use for two coats on your Golf? I have a Skoda Yeti and the bottle I got off Spoony has about 25ml left in it.
Cloudy? Sounds like it will damage the paint, the best solution would be to send the bottle to me to try for correct disposal :)

·
king of the flexonian
12,485 Posts
Cloudy? Sounds like it will damage the paint, the best solution would be to send the bottle to me to try for correct disposal :)
:lol: You should do this he paid me to say that

Alternatively just crack on and use it :thumb:

I would expect to get 1 full coat on a full car from 25ml, with enough for at least horizontal panels again, if not another full coat

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
No

No it will not affect the durability. But the air pocket will caused the Nano to gel it. so the shelf life will be shorter once opened. Nano can be use for wheel and glass as well therefore should not have balanced for you to keep.

Does nano half a shelf life once opened?

Reactions: Goodylax
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.