Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new (to me) car this afternoon.

Unfortunately, the dealer had "treated" the leather interior to a coating of some horrible shiny stuff.:rolleyes:

As well as looking ridiculous (they now look like plastic), the high sheen means that you slide about on the seats.

What's the best way to remove it?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thanks.

I was thinking along the same lines eg, a weak APC solution then Dr Leather wipes.

At the moment it looks crap.
I wouldnt touch it with APC,hand soap as suggested imperial leather or dove,'wash' your hands work it in with the lather on your hands wipe off with a damp cloth and treat with your leather topping of choice,i'd go for Zanio leather in a bottle (Z10 I think)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldnt touch it with APC,hand soap as suggested imperial leather or dove,'wash' your hands work it in with the lather on your hands wipe off with a damp cloth and treat with your leather topping of choice,i'd go for Zanio leather in a bottle (Z10 I think)
Just out of interest, why not APC?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Stupid tapatalk isn't letting me edit. Meant to add, wash with plenty of plan water after too :thumb: don't drench it but a couple of wipes with a damp mf would be my choice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.