Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long search for an MK4/MK5 R32 I’ve somehow stumbled upon and ended up with a V6 TT.

75k miles, full Audi service history and owned by two mature (old) owners. Only done 700 miles in the last two years. It’s an Audi exclusive colour (Venetian purple) which really suits the car. WIll look even better once detailed.

Few plans to tweak the looks, exhaust, wheels and suspension but otherwise just enjoy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Looks a peach and low mileage for it's age (and I'm sure that engine doesn't have a hard life either). I like the colour too, makes a change from the usual white or grey/silver. Quite fancy a TT convertible one day when I have space in my garage to keep it. Look forward to seeing the detailing pictures.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I had a very specific list when I was looking to change my car earlier this year, no more dogs and grown up kids gave me more choices but absolutely had to be petrol, auto and 200+bhp, but for some reason I never considered a TT, until I drove one. Having narrowed down specific options I ended up with an 11 plate TTS and it is simply, for want of a better word, an epic car. Absolutely at home pootling along in traffic at 30mph, quiet, comfortable and refined, as well as being one of the fastest cars I have ever driven on a public road, and by fast I don’t mean sheer speed, I mean in terms of an overall handling/stability/power package. Literally puts a smile on my face every time I get in it, even if I’m just going to work.

Downsides are fuel economy is obviously not great and the rear seats are not designed to be sat in by anyone with a head, neither of which should be a consideration if you are buying one of these. Minor niggles are tiny rear view mirror, no external boot release (internal switch or remote fob only), plus a bit of a thirst for Mobil 1, but that is to be expected in a performance car.

Word to the wise if you are thinking of an audio upgrade, audio is fairly decent, but long in the tooth now, so a modern double din unit would seem to be the obvious and easy route. It is not, even the non-Bose systems have a digital amp which requires specific hardware to make it work, I have a Chinese Android unit with wireless CarPlay, but it is relatively buggy and took a lot of time and effort (and additional ££) to get it to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts