Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My old man went to a car club meet the other night in his TVR Griffith and came back to it covered in sticky residue. I can only assume that it's sap from nearby trees.

He had a full paint correction not long ago so keen to get it off quickly in case it marks.

Can anyone recomend a good product?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sap or aphid excretions can be a nightmare when dried on in this weather (rock hard). Initially thought something like tardis or BH surfex HD (neat?) but it’s the weekend!!! Try attacking it with a very strong/heavy soap (or tfr, degreaser) dilution in HOT water to see if there is any improvement asap. It can take repeated hits to improve. Some people end up polishing it out but you haven’t said what LSP was used after correction - ring the detailer? You can of course put the car back in to the hands of the detailer?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Is there "A best"?
There are so many and all will work when needed. You will eventually find in time what you hope works as well and that is when it's time to go to the locker and find something that does.

·
Registered
MY21 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce Ti
32 Posts
I know Tardis has a good reputation but unless I’m mistaken, in which case happy for someone to correct me, it only comes in large quantities.

I also believe a member on here said Koch Chemie do one that’s safe to use on plastic?

As Andyblue said, AG intensive tar remover is also well rated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tardis smells just like, well exactly the same as:
International Thinner GTA004
which is the mildest thinners we use at work, its a marine environment i work in and i have in the past used and tried in on my old car for removing tar which it did with no effort at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts