Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and found a few results, not had the pleasure of working on a car with a lot of chrome trim before and wondering what is best these days to protect it...

Thanks in advance for any replies

Rob

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just out of curiosity, will most of these fancy coating products stick to and protect chrome?
That's what I was wondering with the likes of gtechniq which I still have some of.....

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Just out of curiosity, will most of these fancy coating products stick to and protect chrome?
I put it on some exhaust tips around 4-5 months ago and seeing the car for first time since then this weekend so will see how easy it is to clean up.

I personally have not coated many chrome parts with this coating but I am sure it will last longer and offer more protection than a wax based product.

I still have lots of v3 left so will try to find some chrome wheels to play with see how it does.

Reactions: lowejackson

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi there, Yes it will stick to chrome or any other bare metal surface.

A single layer stops bare aluminium from oxidising, apply it on steel - single layer stops it from rusting. Apply a few layers and you will build up heat resistance up to +1200c, so UNC v3 can be used on pretty much any bare metal surface.

If you use a wax based product on exhaust tips, for example, it will melt off in the first few miles because of the heat and exhaust gasses.

See this video for reference - GTR exhausts are probably one of the worse to look after because of the heat and smoke they blow out, with UNC v3 covering them, it's a breeze to clean!

Thanks,
Janis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.