Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy`s, not posted here before but wondering what recommendations if any to protect silver paint. I like the glossy wet look but would like durability also so am willing to compromise, have some fusso coat light, collinite 915 but also CG EZ creme glaze and white light hybrid with butter wet wax but not sure which combo to go with. I believe the fusso coat and collinite cannot be layered on glaze or sealant so any ideas would be appreciated....

·
Registered
568 Posts
collinite 915 I believe its contains carnauba and montan which will give the wet look effect, best applied on its own to a panel wiped surface.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
I found on silver you were better with a sealant rather than a carnauba wax - the sealant gives it more of a glassy look and I found it suited my car better...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Not one you have but Chemical Guys JetSeal 109 is awesome on silver, with Chemical Guys as the base.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You cant go wrong with fusso, id stick with that or You could give gyeon can coat a go,or siramik sc mist/ lustrous, if you fancy a different type of lsp

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, still much to mull over. As Ste said, CG jetseal is another I`m considering followed by a CG butter wet wax, car is a 65 plate vw and paint has not been well looked after so really want to brighten it up but i do like the durability of fusso and maybe collinite. Hopefully, i will get before and after shots once I decide. Unfortunately this will be done outside and unusually for the UK the sun is baking at the moment so may have to wait a few days to get started....

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I've used EZ Creme glaze topped with Collinite 915 before, but not on silver. It's a good combination. I believe the EZ Creme is acrylic so is a good base for the Collinite which is a Carnuba based wax. Maximum durability use your wax of choice on bare clean paint. Fusso Coat will have to go on bare paint.
I've used CG Blacklight (the dark version of white lightning) topped with a Carnuba based wax with no problems, maybe a compromise with overall durability.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I quite like Poorboys Black Hole as a glaze for silver, and then wax over the top like Collinite 845.

However I am quite lazy these days so just use spray sealants like SiRamik Praefulgeo etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts