Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I was lucky enough to be given some HD wax for my recent birthday - which is superb! But What is the best way to clean the applicators and also the best way of storing them (as they come slightly damp)?

Many thanks

·
Autoglym HQ
2,467 Posts
Store them in the press lock bag that they come in. You want to store them damp so they remain supple. If they do dry out they will go hard, but you can revive them by kneading them under a running tap.

The wax will build up on them over time, this will essentially waterproof them so you scrub them periodically under a warm tap to remove the wax layer, you could use a detergent as Chrissyronald mentioned too to help.

Reactions: Brooklands

·
Registered
102 Posts
Throw them in the washing machine with other applicators or machine polisher pads (DA or Rotary).

White vinegar and no fabric softener - you can use some non bio detergent at30c wash and then allow to dry.

To moisten soak in bowl of water and squeeze out excess water and store in seal bag. :D:buffer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just finished putting a second coat on my car and used the HD Wax along with the Applicator pads.

Managed to drop it near the end, but I managed to finish the job using the other side. Yes it landed waxy side down.

Are the cheap yellow ebay applicators ok for the HD Wax? I have a couple of bags as they are really cheap, and they work well for other car parts, but not sure I want to try them on the paintwork.

Disposable pads seems to be a good idea but I will give them a go for cleaning from the advice above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.