Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was desperate to get some protection on the paint over winter on my newly acquired car but no way did I have the time to polish it, what with the nights drawing in etc and the weather being very hit and miss but today I managed to wash it, get rid of (lots of!) tar spots, clay it, give it an IPA wipe down and then put a coat of C2v3 on it. It's looking pretty good. Suffice to say the previous owner didn't clay it! I got through almost a whole clay bar!

I've still got loads of C1 left (well, about 13ml) which I was going to use on the wheels but further inspection shows they're quite badly corroded so they're getting a refurbishment end of December or early January and I'll get them coated after that.

Haven't got chance now but I'll upload some pics later tonight.

So basically, paint has C2v3 on it, plastics have C4, interior has L1 and glass has G1. Nothing on wheels as said.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heh ross - you love your bm barges - that is a lot of car and I am sure that you picked it up for way less than a tinny eurobox with a 4 pot diesel in the nose :thumb:
Indeed, but I'm getting 21mpg :lol:

I wanted a Mercedes C215 CL500 but the running costs scare me (so I bought a V8 7 series instead haha).

Have you still got your 545i touring?

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Indeed, but I'm getting 21mpg :lol:

I wanted a Mercedes C215 CL500 but the running costs scare me (so I bought a V8 7 series instead haha).

Have you still got your 545i touring?
you have a more leaden foot than I have - still got the 545i touring - it's showing mid 20's at the moment. looking forward to the snow :thumb:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have a more leaden foot than I have - still got the 545i touring - it's showing mid 20's at the moment. looking forward to the snow :thumb:
Heh, I am putting my foot down a fair bit at the moment but on a steady run its surprisingly frugal (well, ish).... I've seen over 30mpg on a run without too much hassle. My commute is now a bit more town and a bit less motorway which kills the economy in these plus it's probably a bit heavier than the e61?

Either way it's a cracking motor, if I knew my dad was definitely getting shot of his M3 next year I'd probably have waited and got that on finance with a warranty but hey ho. He's getting a new M4 when it comes out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.