Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I purchased an Autobrite Snow Foam Lance back in August and have been happy with its performance until recently, when I noticed a significant reduction in both foam and the rate at which the bottle empties of product.

I have tried disassembling the lance to clean it, including the gauze, but it has had little effect. despite everything 'looking' clear.

What would the team recommend now, and what might have caused this? My only guess is, despite it having worked well for many washes with the same car cleaning regime, on one occasion I did not fully clear the lance of product before putting it away? Is there a specific way to clear it of any remaining (waxy?) product, assuming that's the issue? I have not noticed any change in the pressure washer's performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,589 Posts
I poured ilittle bit of Vikal down mine and left it for a while.

Cleans out the mesh.

Also every time i use mine i run water through it to clean out the soap left behind inside the jets

Theres also a snow foam lance cleaner (cleans the internals) - KKD Kleenthru - maybe give that a try :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
A quick and easy way that I find works very well...

Put some acid wheel cleaner in the bottle and blow it through.
I've started doing it every couple of months to keep the lances nice and clear.
It'll probably work with whith vinegar or Vikal type products too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,036 Posts
When mine stopped working completely I poured cillit bang where ever I could get it to go through and left an hour. Worked perfectly

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,531 Posts
A quick and easy way that I find works very well...

Put some acid wheel cleaner in the bottle and blow it through.
I've started doing it every couple of months to keep the lances nice and clear.
It'll probably work with whith vinegar or Vikal type products too.
Might try that - got some wheel cleaner I need to use up. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turned out the pick-up tube had gone a little hard and, although seeming to be a tight fit, must have been letting air in. Reversing it has fixed the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,430 Posts
New mesh was the only way I cured my MTM lance.

When you've finished foaming the car, unscrew the bottle and pull the trigger with the lance head still attached to the gun to run water through the lance to clear any soap
 

·
Registered
2015 Insignia 2.0 CDTi
Joined
·
5,479 Posts
A quick and easy way that I find works very well...

Put some acid wheel cleaner in the bottle and blow it through.
I've started doing it every couple of months to keep the lances nice and clear.
It'll probably work with whith vinegar or Vikal type products too.
Cracker of a tip that!
And I’ve got over a gallon of acidic cleaner from back in the day to somehow ‘get rid of’. Lovely.
Cheers man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
Turned out the pick-up tube had gone a little hard and, although seeming to be a tight fit, must have been letting air in. Reversing it has fixed the problem.
When my Autobrite lance pipe started doing what yours has done, I ordered some thick wall silicon pipe from a certain auction site and replaced it. As it's more flexible, it is more durable.

I wrapped 3 turns of galvanised fence wire round the filter end to make sure the pipe always stayed in product in the bottle when moving the lance around.

I havn't had an issue since.

Hope it helps.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top