Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Lot of car for the money.

Chap over the way from me still works there (at Rover) and has had a few of them over the last few years. They don't look too bad, and are a very practical car for a family.

For 10K you can't really go wrong... I'd not spend 10K on one myself but if you were in the market for a brand new 10K family car surely you would struggle to beat the spec/price/space these offer.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
There is a 12 plate on Autotrader for £6995 from a dealer.

I've only ever seen two on the road. With that depreciation, you can't justify buying a new one.

That's almost 60% in a year. Wonder what it'll be worth in 3 years.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
You do wonder if MG car survive if sales are as bad as some suggest. If you aren't selling cars and need to discount preregistered cars by so much, I do fear the worst.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think all their hopes are resting on the MG3 being a success.

The MG6s aren't bad cars but the price range they fall into means there are better alternatives, especially with the poor choice of engines (not tried the derv but the petrol felt lacking in grunt).

However, at those prices they'd make a decent cheap runaround.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Get one in a few years for under a grand :)

Never seen one out and about, maybe Clarksons review as put off all male drivers :)
You'd be amazed at the influence that Clarkson and magazines have over people.

The best example was when he had the Astra VXR. The car is nowhere near as bad as he made out, but everyone who has never driven one, quote him on the amount of torque steer.

People have swept a few of his other reviews under the carpet for other certain popular brands though.

·
Administrator
36,237 Posts
I have never read clarksons reviews on the MG or in fact any other cars, what i do know is i wouldnt be buying any new MG's and it seems nobody else will either, not sure why others are avoiding them but i guess people think that they may go under again, who knows ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.