Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I finished work last night at about half twelve, got outside to find my car frozen over, I have read on another thread that a glass sealant will help prevent frosting on the glass.

BUT..

I have a coupé which has the windows drop to open the doors, the windows on the passenger side didnt want to drop im assuming because they were sticking to the rubbers.

Any suggestions on how i can prevent this?

Also is there a product to help misting on the insides? I have a had a desiccant bag in there for a week or so which has helped but not perfect.

Thanks for any help

Adam

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I know what your saying as i have a bmw coupe. A glass sealant will help but not stop it. I use a credit card scraper that you can keep in your wallet to just run at the bottom of the glass near the rubber

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
That's the issue when with these cars and most cars, when unlocking the car the windows slightly drop down have too be careful just in case the window winders come un down from the clip mechanism, if they do then they need a complete rebuild and strip down but most nowier days have metal clips.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the issue when with these cars and most cars, when unlocking the car the windows slightly drop down have too be careful just in case the window winders come un down from the clip mechanism, if they do then they need a complete rebuild and strip down but most nowier days have metal clips.
This is my main concern, the long term after effects, Ill have to get something ASAP!!

·
The Jokes Man
2,276 Posts
could you trap a piece of old sheet or similar in the top of the window so it hangs down over the window, stopping ice forming a fair bit, a bit like trapping one of those windscreen covers in the doors to hold it in place!! I actually use an couple of old MF cloths, and it works well with no comeback I'm aware of!! :D and it's cheap!! :D

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
+ 1 for gummi pfledge. If the seals have dried you may need to reapply. Also follow instructions I.e. let it sit before wiping. I used this on my boxster but certainly didn't get the squeaking like the other op. this is what gummi pfledge was made for.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'd heard about Vaseline. Just bought a coupe and this has been on my mind, got a garage though so not a major concern.

Does stuff like Vaseline etc not leave smears on the glass?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.