Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DW's Biggest Thread Starter & Moderator
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently applied a coat of CarPro Reload to our metallic black MINI

This morning, in the sun, I noticed that the car was covered in smears from the Reload

I followed (or so I thought) the application instructions to a T. Remembering less is more.

But the smearing is quite bad (to me anyway)

So my thoughts to remove the smearing are, after a thorough clean, either

1. Mix some Reload at 3:1 with de-ionised water and go over the whole car like a QD, thinking this should remove the excess Reload that is causing the smearing (as per using Glos after AJT on the Werkstat acrylic kit)

Or

2. Remove all the smeared Reload with CarPro Eraser

Thoughts? :thumb:

BTW the MINI has had CarPro CQUK applied to it :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
I would just try washing it first. I've really never had trouble applying Reload. I've applied with MF towel and kept wiping until disappears then buff with dry MF. I've also just applied it with a MF applicator, let it haze and then remove & buff with a dry MF towell. Its always been as easy as putting some DG Aquawax on.

·
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just try washing it first. I've really never had trouble applying Reload. I've applied with MF towel and kept wiping until disappears then buff with dry MF. I've also just applied it with a MF applicator, let it haze and then remove & buff with a dry MF towell. Its always been as easy as putting some DG Aquawax on.
Thanks buddy - will do that first! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've had it with reload on a solid black Audi after CQUK. Are your sure it's the reload and not the CQUK or has the CQUK been on a while?

I always spray the mf now rather than the car, haven't had a problem since.

·
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info people :thumb:

Will report back after I've given the MINI a wash

I'll try a different technique next time I apply a coat of Reload

BTW the CQUK was applied by a CarPro approved installer first week in September this year :thumb:

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
I use Reload all the time both after Cquartz and standalone.

Some handy tips:

Less is more, you only need a small amount per panel

Use one cloth to spread and a second clean buffing towel to remove.

In some cases a secondary buff may be required but as long as you're using a clean cloth to remove it should be fine. :thumb:

Alex

·
Registered
468 Posts
If your still having trouble dilute with di water at around 60/40 to 70/30 reload/water. Certainly will stop any smears. It kind of looks like greasy marks doesn't it!?
Chris

·
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you put it on over any other sealant/wax?
No. First coat over the CQUK since its application Ross :thumb:

I too have experienced this 'smearing' with Reload even on LSP's other than Cquartz.uk.

I keep a separate 500ml trigger spray bottle mixed with distilled water/reload @ 5:1 as QD and drying aid,Also use this after using 'neat' Reload,works great IMO.
Pleased I'm not the only one thats experienced the smearing :)

Cheers for tip. Will make a bottle up at 5:1 :thumb:

·
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A wash did the trick, cheers to 'DJBAILEY' :thumb:

Will follow the tips given the next time I give the MINI a coat of Reload. Main thing I will be using is some Reload diluted 5:1 as a final wipe down / QD (very much like Glos is to AJT on the Werkstat acrylic kit :)) just to be sure

TBH you could only see the smearing in direct sunlight, so I've had to wait till the sun came out to confirm everything Ok :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
As it says on the CarPro website:

"Tip : on dark color car or black color, you can dilute the Reload for better results:

dilute it 1:1 or 1: 0.75 Reload : water
the water repellent will be the same, for more durability after dilution,:
you should have a good wipe off , repeat again after first wipe off to have great smooth effect."

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Keep it neat, I found changing over the applicator method worked best when applying smaller amount's per panel, a simple square microfiber applicator will aid in a less product application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.