Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many of year , im looking at swapping from 02 to the 3 network and I currently have a iphone 4S from 02.

If I was to keep the phone and go for a 3 network sim? would that fit in my iphone? or would I have to get it unlocked or something?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just Googled it and it took me to a link on a o2 page and I can request to have it unlocked with them. Just fill in the form ( filled it and sent ) see what happens , they've said il receive a text message.

if I want to keep my number? will I be able to do that with a pay as you go sim? how long does it take transfer over? just wondering if o2 will be funny , but im sure its the norm today?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just had a text already off o2 to say iphone is now unlocked. But says to go to iTunes to complete the unlock process.

it wont throw me off 02 thought will it?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I changed the wife and daughter from orange to 3 , 3 were excellent new sims for the iPhones , I think there was a small charge I can't remember for sure , seamless transition

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my 02 signal is rubbish at home and couldn't get a signal from o2 dongle.

Borrowed a 3 network dongle and it works , so fingers crossed on phone signal. Will check thought thanks

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
You obviously dont want to be able to use the phone then....going from 02 to 3 is like going backwards.

I have numerous friends dotted about that got sucked in by the marketing from 3 and all regretted it...customer service is crap....coverage is even worse crap.

I would get the cheapest PAYG fone on 3 and check out before yo commit to a contract.

·
Registered
512 Posts
been with 3 for years and never had any real problems, on the one occasion I called even though was a Indian call centre they managed to sort it out ...and even gave me some add on or something (forget was years ago) for free

only real problem is they do tend to be one of the last to get any of the new phones first, but seeing as I just keep the phone I have for years (only changed as the wildfire s was rubbish for its memory)

I guess it depends ....shops now all over the place so even easier now as they had very few at start

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was a long term O2 customer and changed to 3 just over 12 months ago. Signal is better for me in various locations around the country and most importantly at home! I haven't looked back.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Same as nick above^ I've been on O2 for years, even when they were or bought Cellnet, always had a perfect reception. My governor at work went to 3 and did nothing but moan and switched back to Tmobile within a week.. Maybe It's a geographical thing? I don't know, but be aware :thumb:

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
O2 unlock iphones for contract customers for free :) ive done a few.

The earlier 3 contacts were brilliant but newer ones are crap. Ive been with o2 for a few years and am happy. 3 can be useless in some places i visit. Good to check first or can be alot of headache just to save a few quid.

·
Registered
746 Posts
3 has been by far the best for me as a heavy data user. My coverage for every network is rubbish at home and 3 provided a booster box that taps into broadband to give a full phone signal at home free of charge. O2 did nothing to compete when I left after 3 years as a medium user at around £50 per month. Get all I need for £33 from 3 and their foreign coverage is cheaper too.

·
Registered
17,033 Posts
I've never had any issues with 3's coverage.

At work we use 3 SIM cards in our safety systems all over the UK that are 100's of feet in the air and have no issues.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
You obviously dont want to be able to use the phone then....going from 02 to 3 is like going backwards.

I have numerous friends dotted about that got sucked in by the marketing from 3 and all regretted it...customer service is crap....coverage is even worse crap.

I would get the cheapest PAYG fone on 3 and check out before yo commit to a contract.
Complete opposite dude. Best decision I ever made was switching to 3.

I only listen to internet radio in my car which has never had any dropouts or poor signal across the country. Voice signal also uses EE masts so should have the highest number of transmitters in the UK.

Internet speed is great too - DC-HSDPA is great for areas that don't yet have 4G. I usually average about 11Mbps in non-4G areas.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been with Three for nearly 4 years now, first 2 years I used to be on there £18 per month contacts with a free mid range phone but then decided to buy a sim free iPhone and stay with Three on a sim only monthly rolling contract, no issues at all. There customers are pretty poor but I've never really had to call them so can't complain.

Coverage is very good, the 3G connection can be a bit dodgy at times (very very rarely), not enough to cause any problems, could even be down to my phone because switching it off and back on normally sorts it out

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.