Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently have the 3 basic chemical guys hexlogic pads but i want to try other products.
how would the dodo juice fin fads rate against hexlogic? are they a quicker cut? longevity of the pad, and over all quality ?

thanks
derek

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I use both via DA, I prefer the hex pads, cant say why its just the feel nicer to use to me, the orange fin paddoesnt cut as much as the orange hex, and the fins dont cope with going in the washingachine too well, hope this helps

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Dodos fin pads are fantastic,the orange cuts like hell,the black one is a brilliant finishing pad,very easy to control them.
I worked a lot in the past with cg hex pads,i dont like them.
go for the fin pads,theyre really good.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
The fins on the dodo pads are to help keep the pad as cool as possible, I was under the impression that the fin pads are for rotary polishing but would work with a da if needed.
Gonz.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The fins on the dodo pads are to help keep the pad as cool as possible, I was under the impression that the fin pads are for rotary polishing but would work with a da if needed.
Gonz.
You're right, the Dodo Juice FIN pads were designed for use with a Rotary, with the whole 'Deep Grove' idea to keep the pad cooler than say a Waffle Pad and reduce sling.

I've used these a couiple of times and really like them, both with a rotary and DA polisher, personally I would prefer Hex Logic over the FIN pads.

However, I wouldn't be put off using them again :thumb:

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Hexlogic are good but the yellow pads have deteriorated in durability in time I find, 3m are great, plus the flat dodo juice pads, lake country and scholl pads work very well with their polishes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.