Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
CG Wheel Guard

First time I used CG Wheel Guard I was initially impressed as it made the wheels look great but I was disappointed with the longevity of the product.

It seems to last longer if you do two coats though....

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Love the cg wheel guard, went on using a few other's and back to it this year, 2-3 coat's especially if it's there first time... and the result's will provide a nice high glossy just been refurbed look. Great stuff, easy to use and a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I didn't get on with it that well. I need to try again, I think my garage was too cold and it wasn't curing properly, but given the comparison my AG HD outlasted it when applied in the same conditions. I will be testing it again soon, I just need a weekend to yank off some wheels.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just a question, but what does a 'wheel guard / sealant' contain that a wax doesn't? Does it do a better job than a wax, because of it's 'posher' name?

For those who don't own one, but do own numerous other waxes.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Just a question, but what does a 'wheel guard / sealant' contain that a wax doesn't? Does it do a better job than a wax, because of it's 'posher' name?

For those who don't own one, but do own numerous other waxes.
Generally they are made to resist higher temperatures compared to regular wax. That is the main thing really. I think they are supposed to be more durable as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've had some for a few years now, to be honest I prefer to use Collinite 845, lasts longer , much easier to apply and of obviously can use on bodywork also. If I just had wheel guard and no 845 and did not want to use the 845 for anything else then I would stick with the wheel guard. But if I had neither then 845 would be my purchase.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Used it and wasn't that keen and in the end swapped it for something else.

If I was you I'd get a tin of FK1000p and you can use that on your wheels and body work. A couple of coats on each should get you through the winter :thumb

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm currently doing a test on 2 sets of wheels, one set wearing CG Wheel Guard, the other wearing Raceglaze nano wheel sealant.

I feel it's a pretty fair test, it seems to me that the two products are priced pretty similarly.

From experience, Wheel Guard certainly adds it's bit of beading and protection (brake dust is easier to remove) but I can't help but feel its longevity is limited to around 2-3 months. I'm not disappointed with Wheel Guard, but now I've got the Raceglaze as a competitor, so we'll see :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been using it for a while, but I haven't really noticed anything.
However it never occurred to me to put 2 coatings on, so I tried it the last time I cleaned my wheels, over a week ago and so far so good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.