Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my car from new, I've tried my best to keep it in good order. I was 95% swirl free. As part of this winters prep I thought I'd have a go with the clay.
Well......Soft clay, lube and Mazda 6 paint don't mix. :censored:
"Clay might cause marring", what the.... It's a bit like saying hitting your car with a hammer will cause a slight chip.
Gutted. :devil:
Not going to bother and buff out until next year.
Rant over.

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
Deep breaths.

The wax will cover it. A very light finishing polish even by hand will have the marring out if you really cant wait to do it come spring when you will most likely clay again.

The winter weather is unlikely to show it up even if not covered with a wax.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yeah its just the soft Japanese paint. Don't worry about it. The first time I clayed a black Honda Civic I nearly packed detailing in, thinking how crap I was. But a light finishing compound by hand will have it back to perfection quick enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm pretty sure it's the Mazda paint (mica blue). I have a ep801 and p1 which I used with good results (eventually) on the mrs vw golf last year. Claying that a couple of weeks ago seems to have made no marring at all.
The Mazda still looks good, it's just strong light showing it's dirty secret which is annoying me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.