Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's only been a week since I gave up the filthy habit and moved on to e-cigs but already all I can smell is stale *** smoke :( My cars interior absolutely reeks. Who'd have thought the odd *** with the window open could make it smell so bad!

Anyway, I tried washing as much of the interior as possible last Sunday, with G101 over the leather seats, carpets, headlining, plastics etc but the smell still remains. Is it just a case of keeping on going? Wash everything down regularly and hope that the smell will subside eventually?

Unfortunately I no longer have an extraction machine so can't afford to get anything too wet, but if it lingers for too much longer I might have to strip out the interior, give it all a good scrub & jetwash, then dry them off at work in the paint booth!

Any tips or magical products you can suggest? I'm spraying daily with febreeze and AG Autofresh, but I think the smell is too ingrained for that to help much, it's just masking it temporarily.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Use a deorderisor fogger you can buy a single use one. Stick in in car let it fill up with fog and leave for at least 30 mins

Also if your car has ac stick that on with the recurictly button pressed to deodoriser the whole air con system.

Should get rid off the smell.

·
Registered
323 Posts
all i do is clean pretty much everything with g101 and a few clothes. then go over everything with the steam cleaner including the air vents for a while. then do again if need be. but ive never had a problem with smoke as a few of the cars i do are big smokers with *** ash every where and the leather seats , doors, sun visors sticky as hell from the ****.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As a smoker myself (giving up in the new year after cutting down a fair bit) I am tempted to try the kleers product that you press and leave in your car for 30 minutes while having the vents on recirculate.. Failing that then I'll be using charcoal as I have heard that works

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I haven't picked a real cig up for nearly a month now, not bad going for me!

I haven't had time (or the weather!) to give the interior another clean but the bicarb seems to be working. I sprinkled it around and left it for a week, vacuumed out and repeated. Slowly it's getting there and I think a decent air freshener would mask what smell is left.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a similar thing when I bought a 2nd hand car, I'm not a smoker myself so noticed it straight away and was determined to get rid of the smell.

From having tried all sorts of different products I found G101 along with Bio-Brisk a good combo. Also Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater did a great job, and smells lemon fresh.

If it still won't go after that, I'd suggest one of those Odour Rescue kits from i4detailing. You'll get a really strong smell of chlorine for a few days, but it's definitely worth it :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.