Detailing World Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I’m struggling to get “new” ie to show latest threads some merged in are from 2012 with no comments #confused
How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Due to the holiday weekend, I will be away from my computer until Tuesday, July 5th, but I may be checking in from time to answer questions. :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
619 Posts
Shocking "upgrade".....1/3 of my screen is now a scrolling distracting advert for a product I will not buy.....and a signature area that's also increased in size, both contribute to a thread whose images are now 50% smaller than what I was used to (which, when looking at detailing stuff is important to pick up the fine detail)......

I understand "site development" but this feels like a massive step backwards
I've just noticed theres now massive ads in the middle of threads WTF seriously?. If you view threads without an adblocker nearly 50% of the screens is ads.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I know Gentlemans club has been set to private/logged in only but you used to have to 'request' to be added in order to access it. Is this the same now or is it 'anybody logged in' that can see it as I feel if it is the latter, it is not as 'private' as it used to be for the more sensitive subjects and those that are asking for support and personal issues may be dissuaded from posting in there now because of it.

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
I know Gentlemans club has been set to private/logged in only but you used to have to 'request' to be added in order to access it. Is this the same now or is it 'anybody logged in' that can see it as I feel if it is the latter, it is not as 'private' as it used to be for the more sensitive subjects and those that are asking for support and personal issues may be dissuaded from posting in there now because of it.
As of now, to access that forum you only need to be logged in as a member of the site.

~Mike D

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
How are people finding the new DW now?

I've noticed that some older members have been quiet, but some new members and returning old members with low post counts are active.

There has been a few too many odd threads. New members with strange topics or coming here to specifically advertise something. Is this just random, or efforts to boost the activity on the site?

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
How are people finding the new DW now?

I've noticed that some older members have been quiet, but some new members and returning old members with low post counts are active.

There has been a few too many odd threads. New members with strange topics or coming here to specifically advertise something. Is this just random, or efforts to boost the activity on the site?
Mostly via search engines. However, it can also be found on our other sites via the recommended communities.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·

The site will be transitioning from the dedicated support team (who works primarily with helping members transition to the new platform) over to our regular tech support team. Although this means it may take us a bit longer to respond to your questions, we will continue to be here for you and the community.

Please remember to check out the site FAQ's and reach out via the Site Help and Suggestion Forum for further assistance.

- Community Management Team

201 - 217 of 217 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.