Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

121 - 140 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Another issue I just discovered is that there's a limit to 20 pics per post. On a forum where projects and showroom stuff is clearly a major draw, this seems like a massive oversight. The new post options also seems to be trying too hard to be clever, the upshot of which is you end up with a bunch of automated hyperlinks going nowhere. Give me basics HTML to use in vbulletin any day of the week. I've yet to find any upsides to the new architecture.
Everyone liked Tapatalk for uploading pics but it limited you to a certain amount of pics as well (or at least mine did which was the free version)

Surely not too much of a hardship to upload 20 pics then create a new post and upload more.

Not saying I think the new forum is great I'm still sitting on the fence getting used to it. (y)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
So, correct me if I’m wrong. Paying $20 a year still doesn’t remove the awful ads completley? Just a ‘reduced ads experience blah, blah?’ Sadly it’s now all about earning money from ads.

DW was once a great forum! I hope I’m wrong, but since this new change I can see a lot of people going elsewhere.

I‘d much rather pay £20 a year in keeping the old DW forum going than this awful ad infested layout.
Or a free option 2 Days in & fed up with the Ads? (AD Blocker)

Reactions: Naddy37

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
Might have missed it - but I can’t see any marker etc that shows you’ve participated in the thread. - good to know for welcomes etc, but nice to catch up from your own post onwards sometimes…

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Everyone liked Tapatalk for uploading pics but it limited you to a certain amount of pics as well (or at least mine did which was the free version)

Surely not too much of a hardship to upload 20 pics then create a new post and upload more.

Not saying I think the new forum is great I'm still sitting on the fence getting used to it. (y)
No, not a great hardship, just frustrating that it's a reduction on what was there before on the web browser, especially as I externally host images. I hate looking at things on the phone too unless I absolutely have to so haven't ever used tapatalk and wasn't aware that was a limitation previously. I mean there are much bigger problems in the world but it's just a shame that this seems a retrograde step.

Might have missed it - but I can’t see any marker etc that shows you’ve participated in the thread. - good to know for welcomes etc, but nice to catch up from your own post onwards sometimes…
Yep, the configuration of it is a tad frustrating. Threads you haven't looked at and won't ever show up as unread where before it would reset with every visit, and like you said there's no indication of what you've been involved in already. All style and no substance it seems, and I suspect these elements will forever remain the way they are.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Yep, the configuration of it is a tad frustrating. Threads you haven't looked at and won't ever show up as unread where before it would reset with every visit, and like you said there's no indication of what you've been involved in already. All style and no substance it seems, and I suspect these elements will forever remain the way they are.
<< UPDATE A BETTER WAY

May not be the quickest or best way, but I have found click on your avatar picture >> My Profile >> then you will see >> Replies & Discussions Created >> Click on the numbers under these heading and you will see your posts you have taken part in or started.

Reactions: Andyblue

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
@Admin while you have removed the wording within the sales area you have left this thread. this needs to be locked, removed, or updated as it will cause confusion. maybe the other pinned threads need to be also looked at in the same section.

Reactions: Admin

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I see we're still not allowed to use the word s y n e r g y still. Why is that?
More than likely someone threatening court action of the use of the word like back in the day with Zymol and Brough & Howarth or Defin1tve Wax you may know them as. & look what good that did him >> dissolved via voluntary strike-off

Reactions: macmark

·
Administrator
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Right, the option to delete a post seems to have disappeared from my TT app and on my browser as well.
You are not able to delete a post/thread. You would need to report the post/thread and ask for it to be deleted. Also, for editing a post, you have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
If you are "Following" a thread/discussion then you can find them by doing as described here.

How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

Also, when you click on the New Posts, you should see what you are following as well.

Rectangle Font Triangle Parallel Magenta

~Mike D

·
Registered
11,541 Posts
If you are "Following" a thread/discussion then you can find them by doing as described here.

How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

Also, when you click on the New Posts, you should see what you are following as well.

View attachment 79775

~Mike D
Cheers mike

that’s very helpful 👍🏻
On another forum I’m on, you get a small astrix or tiny avatar - which show up on the main page, in the corner of the thread avatar

·
Registered
568 Posts
This is awful, navigating around is now a chore its all hidden under menus (n), the ad's are insane like a quarter of the screen on mobile flashing at you.

If the forum is now a corporate product I would expect user experience to be a top priority to attract more users and make more revenue.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
This is awful, navigating around is now a chore its all hidden under menus (n), the ad's are insane like a quarter of the screen on mobile flashing at you.

If the forum is now a corporate product I would expect user experience to be a top priority to attract more users and make more revenue.
Look at post #127 in this thread it works on mobile too. Slightly different install instruction but works.

Reactions: Admin

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Thedetailingspace social media channels had to be rename as part of the DW take over but still provide good social networks alongside DW for those that have insta, facebook youtube etc
<<UPDATE>> All of the below has been updated or removed, So wont now make sense

Ok I get the name change, but why is it a pinned post , I get it was pinned before the sale, take over, but I would think it's now a conflict of interest should, Detailing Space open a new forum does that get added to the "good social links" or look at it like this, Epic Car Show has a great YT Channel , active on social media so can he have a pinned post?

I would think as this is a side business for some of Admin this should be listed under the free business listing option and not a pinned post. (The post should be renamed too)

I'm not out to have a go I'm just trying to help in tidying things up for users or the new DW.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
@Admin

Do we still use ITrader? if not this tread will need removing

The Studio is showing a pinnedthread as a paid sub, needs editing or removing

Also this thread refers to Paid Sales, needs editing

out of date pinned post

DW's Chosen Charity (controversial one i know will this still be the case?)

this one is going to be a headache, but requires updates, alot of updates.

broken forum / software URL link
Establish a foothold in our community with your own dedicated Business Forum! (Banner)

How to Post pictures, pinned post, now out dated.

121 - 140 of 210 Posts