Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

141 - 160 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I doubt that will happen ..... my brain cannot cope with a quarter of the page being wasted, (its $19.99 per year btw)

Another question, how can i make the font bigger so i can read it ? Oh and dark mode works better, everything blurs when its white, i'm not sure the layout would meet visual impairment.
Err given this is a .co.uk etc why is premium in $ and not £ or is this being userped? And to get tback the window real estate we had related to actual information having to pay for it seems rather an extortion - it shoudl be an optin not a diktat.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Can the space wastage at the top of eage page be removed I'm sure we dont need the abstract pictures above the Detailing world 'banner' ?
Headgear Font Display device Rectangle Electronic device

On a great positive, the picture/immage handling I like!

Tend to agree with most about the vertical space wasting on teh Right hand side of the screen, it would be better if it was made an 'optional' feature (rather than a loss of desired info space?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Err given this is a .co.uk etc why is premium in $ and not £ or is this being userped? And to get tback the window real estate we had related to actual information having to pay for it seems rather an extortion - it shoudl be an optin not a diktat.
These is an app for that... :) Remove Ad's and Now Full Screen (No More Right Bar)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
You can get it back with a little know how.
My setup.

View attachment 79826
That looks much better.
Can you do an 'idiot's guide' to getting that look?

I've been with the site for some time and always found the layout comfortable. I am a user on a couple of other forums so I'm not just used to one look.
My main annoyances were the banner across the top and the space down the right hand side consumed far too much of my laptop's screen and for me were then 'dead' areas.
I'm still having trouble navigating my regular areas that I visit, most days.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I get that change is needed, ..
A questionable statement, is change really needed, for whom and why, nothing wrong with 'good' change but far too frequentely change is a) not done for well considered benfit (for users), b) not done well, (like most things I've had to be a victim of in government 'improvements' or whatever state its in now) but that's another trial.

We'll have to wait and see how this bedds in, as we wern't asked for improvement suggestions.

·
Registered
603 Posts
These is an app for that... :) Remove Ad's and Now Full Screen (No More Right Bar)
Hi Ste,
I use Firefox and have had uBlock and Adblock for ages along with vpn usage, so may not be seeing ads, but still have the 1/4 screen lost :eek: to where they may have been, any ideas on how I get the space back and filled with desired info i.e. the forms/posts etc?
S

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Ste,
I use Firefox and have had uBlock and Adblock for ages along with vpn usage, so may not be seeing ads, but still have the 1/4 screen lost :eek: to where they may have been, any ideas on how I get the space back and filled with desired info i.e. the forms/posts etc?
S
You wont be able to remove the space and have it filled with somthing else sadly, but you can remove and have it full screen, like below
before and after with a simple web plug-in example.

Product Font Software Screenshot Material property

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You wont be able to remove the space and have it filled with somthing else sadly, but you can remove and have it full screen, like below
before and after with a simple web plug-in example.
What web plug-in is required to do this ?

Edit - never mind, spotted it in your earlier post (y)

·
Administrator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Can the space wastage at the top of eage page be removed I'm sure we dont need the abstract pictures above the Detailing world 'banner' ?
View attachment 79787

On a great positive, the picture/immage handling I like!

Tend to agree with most about the vertical space wasting on teh Right hand side of the screen, it would be better if it was made an 'optional' feature (rather than a loss of desired info space?
We can surely come together as a community, at some point, and discuss redesign of the header banner.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
I'm still having trouble navigating my regular areas that I visit, most days.
Here is a link to keep your favorite forums near the top of the site.

Also, here is a quick how-to on navigating the site.

Navigating The Site

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
View attachment 79787
What device and browser are you using? Are you able to adjust your settings at all? Asking as I am not seeing the space above on desktop.

Automotive exterior Font Rectangle Electric blue Engineering

~Mike D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
What device and browser are you using? Are you able to adjust your settings at all? Asking as I am not seeing the space above on desktop.

View attachment 79863

~Mike D
He is talking about the banner, the user shows this in his attachment.

On another note: Could you please reply to the DM as I'm confused regards the FAQs.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Already finding myself visiting less, as it's not as easy to find the actual new posts as it was - most of the suggestions are years out of date, and i haven't found an obvious button for posts since my last visit like there was on the previous forum

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Already finding myself visiting less, as it's not as easy to find the actual new posts as it was - most of the suggestions are years out of date, and i haven't found an obvious button for posts since my last visit like there was on the previous forum
There's a speech bubble saying new inside it at the top banner on mine next to the search bar and my profile pic. Clicking on this lists all new posts then continues with those that are unread but haven't been updated since last visit.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Or bookmark, The below link to get back to site

This will open direct as new posts.

Reactions: Admin

·
Administrator
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
The New Posts button is located in the top, right hand corner of the site.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Musical instrument Bumper

Also, here is a guide that may be of assistance in finding posts/threads more easily for you as well.

How To Filter New Posts To Only Display Specific Section(s)

You can accomplish this by setting a custom default filter on the new posts page.

Step 1 Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Step 2 From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on NEW.

This will open a new page of new posts for you. On the new page, click on filters.

Now you can adjust the filters to work for your personal preferences, such as the example above and save it as the default.

Make sure to click the "filter" button to save it, at the bottom.

~Mike D

141 - 160 of 202 Posts