Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get such thing as condensation under the paintwork

Im new to detailing and I used a DA on girlfriends Black Audi TT

I used a Green hex pad and Poorboys ssr2. Pretty mild Cutting setup compared to others.

Ive noticed a grey mark on bonnet. Using paint thickness gauge Im reading 180um which is a high ready to have occurred strike through.

Im getting the same readings from about 170um to 200um around the bonnet.

With audi having hard paint I doubt It is strike through but unsure as to what it is.

has anyone had any similar problems and has anyone got any pictures of said strike through for me to compare to.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roughly the same really. nothing to point out the bonnet has had a respray.

I didn't get a reading before I started as I didn't have the Paint Gauge.

I may try some heat into the area and see if it gets better. the bumper will be getting resprayed anyway so can get this done if needed but im pretty sure I haven't cut that much from the bonnet. there are still some swirl marks left that im yet to sort once the good weather returns next year.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I removed the bump strips on my corsa back In the day & when I did it left two white lines down the car! I obviously pooped my pants thinking the paint was ruined!

Turns out it was condensation & it went with a hairdrier. So maybe try that :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how long did it take with a hairdryer? I will give it a go and see if not, it must be strikethrough. ill give that a try first then respray if not .. cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.