Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I need a bit of advice. Is there a protective product that can be applied to a fabric/vinyl convertible roof that has a quick curing time?

Also whats the quickest method of getting a roof bone dry before protective application?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Fabsil also does the trick. Good scrub with shampoo and APC solution, let it dry and then apply two coats. Don't use the spray on version it goes everywhere. Use the stuff in the can that you can pour into an ice cream tub and paint on with a brush. The car will smell of it for a couple of days afterwards.
P.s. available form your local camping shop too.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
GTechniq I1 is a great product, aparently there was a bad batch not long ago, unless it wasn't applied in the correct conditions?

I usually use a stiff brush and some cabriolet cleaner - any you have. You can use a dilution of APC but it can dry the roof out. Sometimes the dedicated cleaners help refresh the colour etc.

If you do go for I1 then you will need to through brush and clean the roof. Then allow it to dry properly, all the way through. Then apply to the roof. Afterwards you really need to leave it to soak in without getting it wet for as long as possible. I don't like to do it if there is any chance of rain in the next 24 hours.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have just treated my new roof of my A3 with GTechniq i1 and left it to dry overnight and applying the morning before !!!!! The beading is immense and good value at £16 as I coated my old roof which lasted over 2 years !!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.