Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning

Has anyone tried using the garage flooring from Costco ? I know they do one in store and on online which is slightly bigger and cheaper, i just wondered if anyone had tried either of them or am I better just painting the floor for now then saving for a little longer and getting tiles when I can afford it next year ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've got the grey Costco flooring. Can't fault it for the money mate. I really need to adjust it slightly but haven't found the time to empty the garage again.

If your running sport compound tyres allow them to cool after a spirited drive. As you can see my tyres stained the flooring and I can't shift it for love nor money

·
Registered
550 Posts
Depends on your garage size I think. Costco flooring is quite reasonable, but to paint and then save cash for better flooring is a false economy, as the money spent on paint would go some way toward the likes of an R-Tec floor :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the same stuff but from eBay where they had a better choice of sizes.
My single garage is 3m x 7.6m so I bought 2 rolls for £250 delivered and I'm really pleased with it! Was so simple to lay and for cutting round door etc was no problem. I used carpenter tape down the middle to join the 2 sheets together and then use no nails / tiger seal at the doors to make sure it doesn't start lifting.

I have jacked the car up a few times (putting down a carpet sheet) and had no issues, moving my roller cabinet did result in the flooring starting to have a slight bump but was fine once put back in place...I intend to leave the cabinet in place now so that's not a concern for me.

I went for black so the tyres didn't mark it but the dust etc shows up so easily with black.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've got the grey Costco flooring. Can't fault it for the money mate. I really need to adjust it slightly but haven't found the time to empty the garage again.

If your running sport compound tyres allow them to cool after a spirited drive. As you can see my tyres stained the flooring and I can't shift it for love nor money
Just a side note Brunberg, if your tyres are mounted on rims you might want to change the way you are storing them:

http://www.continental-tyres.co.uk/...e_your_winter_tyres_during_the_summer_en.html

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks martin, I have quite a wide garage (18ft x 19ft) and the Costco in store ones aren't big enough, though the ones they have on line are. I do like the black finish though

·
Registered
298 Posts
No problem, Yeah I do like the black finish too...only thing is the dust and dirt shows up so easily on it...but looks the part I think :thumb:

The other reason I didn't go with Costco is because I would have had a join closer to where my car wheels are and since I turn them once in to manoeuvre close to wall on one side I didn't want me turning the wheel on the join so I've got it right in the middle now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't as I think it needs to be able to expand and contract in the summer / winter. I stuck at door openings to avoid it curling up but it would probably stay down quite well under it's own weight.

Where it joins all the way down the middle I used carpenter tape facing up so the sticky side sticks the underside of each sheet together, but does not stick it to the floor at the join.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the same stuff but from eBay where they had a better choice of sizes.
My single garage is 3m x 7.6m so I bought 2 rolls for £250 delivered and I'm really pleased with it! Was so simple to lay and for cutting round door etc was no problem. I used carpenter tape down the middle to join the 2 sheets together and then use no nails / tiger seal at the doors to make sure it doesn't start lifting.

I have jacked the car up a few times (putting down a carpet sheet) and had no issues, moving my roller cabinet did result in the flooring starting to have a slight bump but was fine once put back in place...I intend to leave the cabinet in place now so that's not a concern for me.

I went for black so the tyres didn't mark it but the dust etc shows up so easily with black.

Got a link for the eBay item? Looks good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.