Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a week of application it makes the water bead really well but unless I am driving 80mph+ (not that I would of course) it doesn't sheet away and off the car.

It doesn't feel particularly slick either. The water beads are fantastic but I've had cheaper waxes that bead and the water runs off at at speeds above 30/35mph.

Would I be better applying a spray sealant over the top such as gtechniq c2v3?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Are you sure its genuine Crystal Rock.....a mate of mine bought a pot on fleabay for 300 quid and whilst its smells the same as mine the water behavior is nowhere near as strong. Hes only had it a month so cant comment on durability yet but somethings not right.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has all the features of real crystal rock. Smell, feel, bag, certificate, seriel number, colour etc. I noted today it seems to sheet around 65mph. Durability wise it hasn't been on long enough yet. It definatly has the looks of a high end wax. The beading is the best I've seen before. Very tight and uniform.

I know sealants are designed to go alone or before wax due to the solvents in them. However, as mentioned above it's designed to go on top- or at least that's how I see it- more of a quick detailed that seals? Makes sense to me lol.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
SRP and panel wipe (car pro erraser). Had previously been machine corrected and decontaminated a few weeks before. It did have a layer of angel wax AG on prior but I used a strong pre wash and then detox shampoo before polishing.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
It's just the type and amount of silicones used in the wax. Wax shouldn't feel slick. Wax has a draggy feel by nature. The only reason some feel really slick after applying is due to the silicone in them.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
What car is it on? Has it nothing to do with the shape of the car?
I mean I have a new mini and the bonnet holds water even when going at some speed, I don't put that down to the product being bad just the air flow over the car.
I don't think it even has anything to do with the application, although using SRP then eraser is pointless because, unless someone can correct me, you will only be cleaning off the SRP with the eraser so you might have been better with a pre wax cleanser then the wax.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I used the SRP as a paint cleanser. I know SRP gets rid of the fillers which I'm not bothered about.

I'm starting to think it could be the shape of the car as I've been looking at the wife's memento fiesta I did with it and it seems drier than mine. In all honesty, its only the panels parallel to the ground such as the bonnet, top of the wings and boot.it does sheet well on the boot when I lift it up. Just the bonnet. I guess I am comparing it to significantly cheaper waxes which probably do have more silicone content as you suggested. The wife's fiesta doesn't really have any flat areas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.