Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, having only ever used clay a few times before this was a reasonably new experience for me. I bought the sponge as a more cost effective way of claying four cars that are in my family. I was apprehensive at first to say the least...

Ease of Use -
After reading previous reviews of this product, I bedded it in on my windows first, even when using a lot (too much) quick detailer, the sponge was very grabby along the surface. This grabbiness wore off after 3 windows on each side though ;)
Once I moved onto the paintwork the sponge moved easily across, removing contaminants with ease, rinsing said contaminants off was also very easy, with just a quick dip into some fresh water needed. The sponge was very comfortable to use across the whole car and made life so much easier than folding the clay etc each time!

Cost -
At a cost of just over £13 the clay sponge is amazing value for money! I would definitely be able to get 5 or 6 cars without trouble (maybe more?) plus, its no issue if you drop it :lol:

What Would I Change -
Nothing, although, I would make a smaller version like the finger mitt applicators for doing wheels ;)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Think I may have to invest in one of these, only hearing great things.

I'm a serial clay dropper, it does my head in having to bin it after I've dropped it.

I also hate using clay bars in winter, have to put it in warm water every 5 minutes just so I can fold it.

Thanks for the review, swayed me for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.