Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This week I received a sample of Auto Finesse Dressle which is a multi use plastic and vinyl dressing. I decided to test on my Saab's interior plastics. I tend to use Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber as I find this gives the required sheen I like rather than a high gloss finish.

Initial impression: The bottle contains a white thin liquid, opening the bottle releases a slightly pleasing smell, can't quite put my finger on what the smell is though but it could be lime? So far the product is very similar to Autoglym, same colour, similar citrus smell, same consistency.

The interior plastic to be tested was cleaned using Autoglym interior shampoo on a microfiber and then dried with another to leave the following finish:

Following this I applied Dressle by pouring a small amount onto a clean pad, it spread very easily and only a small amount was needed

Drying:

I left it for 5 minutes to leave the following finish:

After this I buffed the area to leave the following finish:

The camera flash makes the plastic look a little streaky but I can assure you that to the naked eye in normal light it is not. The next morning revealed the following uniform finish:

The finish is just what I look for from a dressing not to shiny and it darkens the plastic giving a more expensive look than without leaving to much of a shine. To the touch the treated plastic doesn't feel greasy or sticky.

Thoughts:
I like this product, I'd love to try it in a spray bottle as I think it is very similar to Autoglym but offers a slightly lower sheen which on my Saab plastics is exactly what I'm looking for. The plastics on my Saab has little raised points which with some dressings go very shiny so you end up with little tiny bright pin points over the dash. With this dressing it just leaves a very uniform sheen to the surface. The only thing I'm not sure about is the smell, I can't tell if I like it or not although it certainly isn't offensive!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Nice review. I found the finish to be quite natural and nice too, not too glossy and it definitely brightens up the dullness from a dry dash. I used it with a spray head over a pad and think it spreads further this way.

·
DW's 'Mr. Helpful'
14,893 Posts
I must get my review done but think i need to test on my car besides the work van.

Im liking it, i used a atomizer little pump head i have so wont deliver the same as what the retail bottle will have.

I like the non greasy ness to it looks very natural it just darkens and no gloss great for retaining a matt look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.