Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autofinesse kindly sent me a sample of a new up and coming product called Dressle - An all purpose dressing for interior and exterior.

So thought I would give it a go tonight.

Dressle and a Strawberry Lace smelling air freshener.

I imagine from the instructions Dressle will come in a spray bottle, but for this test I used an applicator pad, due to the bottle.

My test subjects for this test...

My other halves Ibiza and I'm lucky / unlucky enough (haven't decided yet) to be testing a Merc A class for work this week.

I choose to do the rear plastic panel on each car, one being 3yr old plastic, one being brand new 300miles on clock.

Gave the rear bumper a good wash on each car...

Dried them both off and reversed back in the garage to let the testing begin. Dressle is a very watery product, like I mentioned I imagine it will be a spray on prodcut which will help.

Rubbing in via an applicator, it gave an instant shine the more I worked in the product it turned a milky white colour then dried clear.

I left for the advised 5mins then buffed off with a microfibre.

Ibiza

When applying I caught a bit of water from the gap, I choose just to ignore this and carry on as Dressle is waterbased.

50:50

After removal it appeared a bit blotchy

So rebuffed with the microfibre, I must have missed a bit first time as it came up fine after a second buff.

A Class

Before

50:50 (Few swirls for a new car)

Applied

Close up

Dressle is easy to apply and a little goes along way, application will be even easier with a spray head. It has a nice fresh lime smell. It gives a great natural look finish and refreshes the plastics after application.

I love revive on plastics, typically for the beading it gives, so Dressle may not be added to my arsenal for exterior application, but might be something I consider for interior plastics which I will also test soon as its appears to give a non sheen natural look with one application. Multiple applications are said to give more sheen if desired.

From the letter that came with the sample, Dressle will be available from next week.

:thumb:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Washed the car for first time since applying Dressle. Although the dressing doesn't bead like revive does it has excellent sheeting. Water just dropped off hardly needed any drying.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been looking at Dressle for a while, owning Revive made me think "what's the point of it? Seems pointless".

I asked Si at Ultimate Dubs about it and he gave good info about it but to me it still seemed a little pointless when I have Revive in my bag..

Bought some and I have to say - I absolutely love it. I've also found myself spending more time smelling the product more than using it haha its such a lovely smell.

Leaves a very slick factory-trim look after I have sprayed it on and left it to dry naturally. I use Revive on things like wing mirror bases, badged grill, tail-light plastics etc and Dressle for such plastics like engine bay and bumper grills purely for the time saving and less fiddling in tight gaps trying to get every bit covered.

Yet another AF product that I'll continue to use on myown and my customers cars from now on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.