Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Testing new pre-washes, dirt shedding abilities of lsp's, more focus on interior and the best bit for me is always the MUD! I love a properly muddy car :D

Oh it's definitely not ending, just changes. I welcome the slower drying times of stuff, no direct sun etc it's just more relaxed all round for me. Until the dreaded dew point gets too close to midday of course, then it's a bit of a rush again.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
If you can get the car indoors then its OCD as normal. I'm lucky because I can take my car into the factory at work any weekend I want, loads of space and lighting makes for a nice quiet detailing day with no moaning wife :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Testing new pre-washes, dirt shedding abilities of lsp's, more focus on interior and the best bit for me is always the MUD! I love a properly muddy car :D

Oh it's definitely not ending, just changes. I welcome the slower drying times of stuff, no direct sun etc it's just more relaxed all round for me. Until the dreaded dew point gets too close to midday of course, then it's a bit of a rush again.
Totally agree with this too :doublesho

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm using Vanilla Ice for my Winter LSP as well - it's holding up exceptionally well so far. Just make sure you put on at least two coats (applied at least one hour apart).
That's good to hear. I only managed one coat last weekend before I got caught out by the rain so I recoated in the week. I might slap another one on for good measure if it's dry next week.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I love the winter for cleaning my car, i made a little water runaway barrier last winter out of snow so the water wouldnt run off my drive and onto the road. plus, snow foam hangs around alot longer in the winter so gives me time for a coffee whilst it does the hard work.

·
Registered
611 Posts
With the weekend being so wet and messy it meant a day cleaning the Jeep.
Interior thorough clean.
All under body steam cleaned wheel arches steam cleaned the hand washed as was the backs of wheels.
Then body thoroughly power washed, shampoo, rinse then dried.
Engine bay checked and cleaned where needed.
Tyres treated, car put in garage.
IT BETTER NOT RAIN TOMORROW.

This my procedure over the winter months plus a monthly wax treatment.

Roll on the summer, only 20 odd weeks weeks away unless spring is nice and dry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.