Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just having a down moment with detailing.

My nan tries to surprise me with products but we never get them

She ordered a dodo juice t shirt from waxamomo. They have taken the money but two months later nothing, i phone get no answer and leave an email still no answer ive just told my nan sorry you aint gettin it.

Then because i mainly use chem guys stuff she ordered an iphone case back from july august. Contact them and they say you will get it and eventually they claim they did have it but the wording was wrong! What a joke. Then they sent us some dodgy bottles, no wheel wax and a wheel brush that was not the same as the internet picture. We complained with an email and ironically got the bottles sorted and the wheel wax but the brush never changed. And again we aint gettin the iphone case.

Thanks for reading my grumble

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
If what you say is true and the retailers are messing you around, contact your credit card issuer and flag the purchases as fraudulent sales - get a couple of chargebacks initiated.

·
36,475 Posts
I would do the above tbh, assuming a credit card was used for payment?..
Chemical Guys UK?.. not the first person to have an issue with their service unfortunately..

don't let this put you off using the DW traders, they are all spot on in the vast majority of instances :thumb:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
That's why I don't go outside the retailers I've had superb service from, it's just not worth the hastle.

As below:
I4D
Detailed Clean
Polished Bliss
Elite
Perfectly cleaned
CYC
CarPro direct
Mainz Car Care
Motorgeek

·
15k here and I ain?t even got a lollipop
15,375 Posts
I think this is happening far far two often and lately not many people backing up the traders, just use people that want your business for real i4detailing , Pollished Bliss, and the likes of Elite etc, I think if we had a rating system on here it may protect people against the companies that manage to make bad news disappear and fan boys keep up the companies image for no reason , it's not good IMHO , I have been on the recieving end as tried to be made to look stupid

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
That's why I don't go outside the retailers I've had superb service from, it's just not worth the hastle.

As below:
I4D
Detailed Clean
Polished Bliss
Elite
Perfectly cleaned
CYC
CarPro direct
Mainz Car Care
Motorgeek
Top traders listed above although a few not listed above need to pull up there socks however i go with once bitten twice shy :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had to contact waxamomo once when I didn't receive a item, it took a couple of calls but the phone did eventually get answered, the guy on the phone (cant remember his name now) was really nice and apologetic and sent me out a replacement one that day. I tend to stick to elite car care as they're right next to where I work and they're always friendly and polite and clean your car as anything I order turns up bang on time.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys i knew you would help me out unfortunately she dont own a credit card and she has said the same she feels comfortable with cyc so any colleagues on here reading this thank you for a damn good business.

And as for chem guys why are they like this? They are a worldwide distributor and us in the uk get let down why?

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Dont be put down bud. Find a reseller who stocks most of the brands and use them. Nice of your Nan to get you things mind.

I highly recommend Elite car care as they have most the stuff i use. Lots of my friends and family use them and they havent had any issues. One mate actually moaned as he got his parcel the next day rather than the day after, i mean WTH lol. I collect my stuff usually and Alex and his team are always so welcoming.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm always dead cautious about stuff like this :( only places I buy my cleaning stuff from is Polished Bliss, Waxybox and CleanYourCar :)

Had a couple of problems with CYC (nothing to actually do with them, more the courier :)) but a couple of emails and Tim sorted it! Had my DAS6 Pro Auto Finesse kit go walkies twice! Eventually got it sorted though which was good!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've had trouble with ChemicalGuysUK too. Cleanyourcar, I4Detailing and Polished Bliss are superb retailers though. Sure there are others as well as cheaper options, but I like hassle free online shopping, so I keep to those who get things right.

Kind regards,

Ebbe

·
Crisp Eater
5,151 Posts
Thanks guys i knew you would help me out unfortunately she dont own a credit card and she has said the same she feels comfortable with cyc so any colleagues on here reading this thank you for a damn good business.

And as for chem guys why are they like this? They are a worldwide distributor and us in the uk get let down why?
If it's less than £100 then you might be able to claim back on the debit card http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Dont be put down bud. Find a reseller who stocks most of the brands and use them. Nice of your Nan to get you things mind.

I highly recommend Elite car care as they have most the stuff i use. Lots of my friends and family use them and they havent had any issues. One mate actually moaned as he got his parcel the next day rather than the day after, i mean WTH lol. I collect my stuff usually and Alex and his team are always so welcoming.
As above - a couple of bad retail experiences are no reason to go off detailing.

I too have nothing but good things to say about Elite Car Care - they will absolutely value your custom.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would do the above tbh, assuming a credit card was used for payment?..
Chemical Guys UK?.. not the first person to have an issue with their service unfortunately..

don't let this put you off using the DW traders, they are all spot on in the vast majority of instances :thumb:
so if mods and guessing admin knows this why let them be a trader if they are messing people around on the site ?

if they are recommenced traders by the site, they should do good not like half the reviews ive read about chemical guys uk which is why ive never ordered

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Just adding it up in my head I've spent ~£5-600 with i4D. Always the best by far and if you order before 3pm you can bet your last penny it'll be dispatched same day and usually with you within 24hrs of ordering. :D

Where possible that's who I use more than anyone. Don't even bother looking at other prices any more.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I think this is happening far far two often and lately not many people backing up the traders, just use people that want your business for real i4detailing , Pollished Bliss, and the likes of Elite etc, I think if we had a rating system on here it may protect people against the companies that manage to make bad news disappear and fan boys keep up the companies image for no reason , it's not good IMHO , I have been on the recieving end as tried to be made to look stupid
Fully agree chap

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ive used Elite 3 times i think

Each time i called them and they did the order for me :thumb: as i wanted info etc and recommendation on products

They use DPD as couriers and their system you know within 5 mins of when your delivery will be at your door :thumb:

Spot on service for me

The only thing i would say is if you call hope to get Alex on a good day as he can be a bit grumpy :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.