Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the 3M rotary polisher and have had for a couple of years

However I have been looking into the Rupes Bigfoot and realised it's a DA polisher?

Have always been told rotary polishing achieves better and quicker results than DA polishing but from reviews I have read on different websites and from Rupes themselves this is not the case?

Just a bit confused on what to think of it..looks a cracking piece of kit

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I've been put under the impression that if you have the technique correct and the cutting compounds correct a DA will do a brilliant job.

Also the DA is supposedly safer to use for a Noob like me :)

The only thing I am aware of is that for a more experienced person, the rotary will do a faster job.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been put under the impression that if you have the technique correct and the cutting compounds correct a DA will do a brilliant job.

Also the DA is supposedly safer to use for a Noob like me :)

The only thing I am aware of is that for a more experienced person, the rotary will do a faster job.
It's just I always thought the Rupes was a rotary like the 3M...was reading into them today and realised

I currently get great results with my rotary so think i'll keep using it..don't want to go down the DA route

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Don't confuse a Rupes long throw DA for a regular DA. The Rupes is quick to use, and has very good correction power. As quick as a rotary? That's debatable.... But quicker than a regular DA? About 2-3 times as quick without trying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.