Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, my first attempt with NGPS today after these badboys arrived yesterday :)

So pleased with the results. Car had been winter prepped the week before with 2 coats of BH finis wax, so today was just a good clean and 2 coats of NGPS.

Really happy with the results, was so easy and for owners of cars with soft paint I think it might be an ideal product. 2 sprays per panel and all that touches the paint is my softest, plushest microfibre.

Didn't get very good pics of the flake pop but I've never seen it sparkle so nicely :)

Didn't get chance to use the HWR and need to read up on how best to use it, any advice would be great

Thanks Alfred and Matt for making and supplying my new favourite product!

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
To use the HWR; wash and rinse the car as normal, while the car is still wet, spray the HWR on to the car. You dont need much? Few couple sprays per panel then perform a final rinse to activate the HWR and you'll see the water behaviour transform infront of your eyes!

Stunning pic above, NGPS is so easy to use and leaves a great finish.
Check out the slickness too :thumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice on the HWR. In future does NGPS need to cure before car is wetted and HWR used? Yep Definitely addictive clay cloth and the poly sealant next for me! Although I've not seen many people using it yet.

·
WHITEVANMAN
8,711 Posts
To use the HWR; wash and rinse the car as normal, while the car is still wet, spray the HWR on to the car. You dont need much? Few couple sprays per panel then perform a final rinse to activate the HWR and you'll see the water behaviour transform infront of your eyes!

Stunning pic above, NGPS is so easy to use and leaves a great finish.
Check out the slickness too :thumb:
Wrong apply to dry paintwork allow 24 hours dry.
Then insane sheeting

G

·
I spray HWR on a panel and a bit on a sponge ufo applicator and spread around then pressure wash off.

You don't use much that way and if its windy you can control the application and not loose product in the wind.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HWR can be used in both methods, the "spray on Pressure rinse off" or buff. My way at present is wash the car, spray on glass whilst "damp" and buff off. Dries the glass and seals in one step. Beads like a b!tch there after lol
Anything I can do to not marr the paint is good for me so I'll try the touchless method. Any reason for using a pressure washer? I normally just rinse with the hose but can use pressure if needed.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Wrong apply to dry paintwork allow 24 hours dry.
Then insane sheeting
Wrong?? Who are you to say Im wrong???

The method I use is tried n tested by me since last year when I first received the batch and can confirm it works.

I think you need to take the time out n think before telling people they are wrong. There is no right or wrong way to do things with most processes in detailing, people have their preferred application methods.

·
king of the flexonian
12,483 Posts
Anything I can do to not marr the paint is good for me so I'll try the touchless method. Any reason for using a pressure washer? I normally just rinse with the hose but can use pressure if needed.
I have found a simple rinse won't always shift the product off the panel before curing. Pressure washer at medium or so pressure is more complete. But this is just for speed, try it both ways, if simply misted, it will spread and buff effortlessly :thumb:

G

·
i just find it is easier and as 9/10 i have my pw out anyway and it seams to me to make the beading tighter.

Get some 9H off of matt in the summer do a full correction seal with 9H then the marring will be reduced, that's what i have done to my Accord.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just find it is easier and as 9/10 i have my pw out anyway and it seams to me to make the beading tighter.

Get some 9H off of matt in the summer do a full correction seal with 9H then the marring will be reduced, that's what i have done to my Accord.
Yep full correction is on the list for next summer. This has just been hand polished a month or so ago. Still happy with the finished look though and NGPS is just the icing on the cake :)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Both methods..work very well,misted on wet or dry car,personaly i prefer it on a dry car used as a qd....

But mix it 50/50 with ngps and watch the magic happen in one step,insane gloss and water repellency in one hit:thumb:

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
I spray on direct after a wash when the car has been fully hosed down.
Let the solution set for a minute to 2 minutes then pressure wash off on a long distance and watch the beading and sheeting appear right in front of your eyes, the magic happens when you dry the car you are left with a glossy finish and aids faster drying in the long run.
For the windows including the tailgate glass not the front windscreen, I spray and buff off with a clean microfiber cloth so when it rains the water has a faster hydrophobic response when needed for safety and visibility, NGPS Plus HWR are my number one products after a wash and dry session, you need these to help with the Slickness and maintain protection when the weather climate is not the best in UK at present, does makes life alot easier to get flawless results every time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.