Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, as some may know from Facebook I have been having quite a bit of difficulty recently with my Vivaro.
Being an old girl with a 2003 plate and also 174,000 miles she decided to go wrong on Thursday of last week. What I can only describe as a major gearbox malfunction ended in me selling the vehicle tonight for £800 - I'll take that!!

Anyway the new van. Let me introduce the Ford Transit Connect with good spec.
Rare 3 seater
Bluetooth
DAB radio
Bulkhead
Wooden flooring and ply lined internally
Already had custom built racking in which I had fitted last night too.

I did want to post a lot more however having trouble with IMGUR so once I find another uploading site I'll change the thread but for now here we are...

The old girl:

The new girl:

I did want to show via photos what has been done but with image uploading issues here we are.

A full LED light conversion, consisting of:
Headlights
Daytime running lights
Side lights
Dipped beam
Interior comfort light
Number plate lights

Private plate to come
Wind deflectors
Velour mats
Various other LED light bulbs
Gloss black splitter

Couple other bits and bobs too! Truly loving this van though.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
New van looks spot on looking forward to seeing more pics I do love a good looking van.

What's the uploading issues one thing about the new forum format is its dead easy to post pics as you no longer need to use a third party hosting site just hit the paperclip and upload direct from your device.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New van looks spot on looking forward to seeing more pics I do love a good looking van.

What's the uploading issues one thing about the new forum format is its dead easy to post pics as you no longer need to use a third party hosting site just hit the paperclip and upload direct from your device.
It seems to be IMGUR. Tried uploading about 10 at once and won't work, then tried uploading one and again would not work - so need a new platform me thinks!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
It seems to be IMGUR. Tried uploading about 10 at once and won't work, then tried uploading one and again would not work - so need a new platform me thinks!
Can you not just upload them direct to the forum from your phone or computer if you're using a camera? I used to use imgur as well but no need to use a third party platform now you can just attach an image to your phone similar to tapatalk.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice van; I was just thinking it's a bit posh/tidy for a work van then zoomed in on the sign writing on your old van, so I guess it has to reflect the quality of your work too. :)

I used to use Imgur, but realised that the few forums I needed it for now allow direct uploading from a folder on my PC. Just click on the 'Insert image' icon at the bottom of the post as you write it.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well here is hoping with the new 'attachment' system. Here goes.

Got the vehicle home, first thing I did was change over all lighting for LEDs, reverse lights, sidelights, main and dipped with the DRL being changed as well (had to buy these).
I then managed to get the van washed, dried, a very quick polish and spray sealant applied although a thorough paint correction needs doing as I've noticed severe buffer trail from whoever did it last time. Only in certain light though so I'll take a day off and get this done over the coming weeks/month.
Wind deflectors have been ordered and tonight I've taken the wheels off and given the brake calipers a slap of red paint! Coming together really well!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here we are. Up to date pics tonight, after another clean (third one in 4 days!!).

All it has had today was a snowfoam, wash and rinse then a top up of Sonax BSD. That is all that is on it protection wise and my word the water behaviour is close to that of Ceramic. Also... mod day is a good day... depspite being a total pain to fit. A KSB styling splitter, totally in love with the front end now.

Wheel Tire Car Window Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

Having a sunstrip fitted on the weekend and debating light tints, but for now it is to the drawing board in order to find LED indicator bulbs.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That's lovely - great colour!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not much to update... although photos do need updating and I do need to get some better ones. Still waiting for the DVLA to pull their finger out and send me the V5 so my private plate can go on - which hopefully will be tomorrow.

Now, the other day a big update happened:
I've got the van sign written. This time though I have opted for magnets. Due to having tools stolen recently I don't really want an added appeal especially when I am off work with the kids or just general driving round etc.

I've also had the windows tinted, chameleon tint on the front windscreen and also a gloss black sunstrip added. This afternoon my new HID kit arrived so I have also fitted that and aligned up this evening. Totally love where this van is going!! Only thing left to do is the private plate, sort out the hyper flash on the LED front indicators, then fit the LED numberplate units once they arrive as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Been looking at your website- didn’t realise you were so close ! May we’ll get in touch in the coming months when the Mrs gets the wing fixed to correct all the lovely scratches she’s picked up on her Kodiak and give it a robust coating rather than me ‘having a go’ ;) nice job on the AM btw :)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been looking at your website- didn’t realise you were so close ! May we’ll get in touch in the coming months when the Mrs gets the wing fixed to correct all the lovely scratches she’s picked up on her Kodiak and give it a robust coating rather than me ‘having a go’ ;) nice job on the AM btw :)
Thanks buddy, yes for sure give me a message before the prices go up soon!! I don't want to whack the prices up with being so busy but at the same time I'm going through some difficulty art home so may be needing my own place... That is a different story.

But thank you - I cover a 30 mile radius :)

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also the Aston, that was graft!!! I told him to message me once the coating had cured and it went through fine - added them to my monthly customers however due to being in the local area with severe cement fallout they have dropped off my monthly routine :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts