Detailing World Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few afters and some thoughts on the coating again. Should mention that correction ended up around 95%, the paintwork for the miles is in superb condition. There are no deep marks like you'd expect. Was very surprised.

Double wipe down with Spies Hecker panel wipe...

I tried to get a picture of the coating curing but impossible on white. The applicator I still think is the best i've used so far. I think it also helps with the usage. As you can seen from the picture with the bottle in it, after 2-3 cars, it's still above the label.

Ignore some of the trims not being finished, was more to show the paintwork before the light left me.

Engine bay and interior tidy up. Love the spec in this thing.

Paintwork...

Beading on dusty/dirty paintwork after 2 weeks...

Applied to exterior plastic trims also and holding up like a C4/DLUX.

At this point in time, I couldn't recommend the sealant anymore. It does exactly what it says on the tin. No top ups required. Just wash it properly and it'll do it's job. My lower doors get a pounding and it's holding up very well. Paintwork is still so slick which helps with cleaning.

Will keep updating my project thread also, although iv'e had some offers to buy it so maybe something new on the horizon. Thanks for looking in. :)

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
very nice finish on white

i know its a pain to see coatings,waxes etc

did you not use any bigger lights than the torch to help you

how did you find the coating to apply and remove

the results look good enough though :thumb:

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
very nice finish on white

i know its a pain to see coatings,waxes etc

did you not use any bigger lights than the torch to help you

how did you find the coating to apply and remove

the results look good enough though :thumb:
Hey Steve.

I'm currently trialing a couple of spot lamps from a local Electrical factors as my own spot lamp gave up (was old) and my "sun gun" was destroyed a while back. Still need to get Craig to build me another. Man is a genius at it.

On this one was more time constraints. Actually completed it on a Monday holiday so not many pics. Granted there wasn't much to show.

Coating? Easy, spreads better than any sealant i've used - although I think the applicator helps that. Removal was weird as I was trialing so removed quickly and left for a few minutes. Both removed easily and checked under inspection. I always worry about ceramics of course.

It's White, it was more about the coating than the paint finish if i'm honest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.