Detailing World Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
DW Sponsor
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just spotted another like minded thread, good to see people testing straight away.

Basically I got my products through, just now I always turn to colly 476s for my winter wax, it is the longest lasting LSP that I own.

So first up all things created equal.

I wanted the paint perfect so I gave this a going over with a megs polishing pad, some 3m FCP and UF. I purposely left the aquartz area to test its filling abilities.

Of course this leaves behind some oils so out comes the ISO. I was very careful to put any MF's in the wash bucket once used for the polish stage so I don't contaminate the work area.

Aquartz Twins first

Ok so what I found was the instructions make this product seem much more complicated than it actually is.

Basically I firstly tried the rotary method, I sprayed some on the panel, put the metabo to setting "1" and then let the weight of the machine do the work. Two small patches got too warm and set prematurely (no jokes :lol:).

So I went for tried and tested, got my Sonus MF out. Sprayed the panel and worked the product in, I only did have of the divided sections at a time to ensure I was doing everything properly.

Ok so now the result. Never used a product which actually is this different and actually works. It truly does leave a scratch resistant finish. I have to remove the patch which set with an abrassive polish. :doublesho

The other two now had a lot to live up to. I literally cut back to basic polishes and LSP's because this product is so good.

Before

After

Gtechniq C1.

Very easy to apply, think of it like a solvent, apply some with the pads and then wipe immediately.

Very nice finish and silky smooth. Great once again very impressed.

I notice a few find C1 difficult to apply, so long as you use the pads provided and a small amount it really is very easy. I am pretty taken aback by people finding it difficult, I managed to let DODO SN sit for too long, so there is hope for us all if I can apply C1.

Colly 476s.

Ok we all know this product and to be honest if Aquartz can last as long then thats fine by me. I want a product which masks my wash swirls and gives good protection.

Colly 476s went on and off very easily and again left a very nice finish as it does.

Again all things equal the car is in the car garage out of the rain as I feel the products would need time to cure to give a fair test.

Left Colly
Middle C1
Right Aquartz and Aquartz +

P.S. - I paid for these products they are not gifts so I have no commercial interests.

·
DW Sponsor
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Done! Had to put the tags in manually photobucket was just throwing the same one up again and again.

I really do think Aquartz is going to kill the market, the product works, its easy to use, it actually works. Oh and did I say it actually works. :lol:

·
DW Sponsor
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really ?

I found this very easy indeed. Just make sure you work on a very cool panel and its really quite easy and a small area at a time. I found auto balm more difficult in all honesty.

Use a lint free pad to apply and you will find it is a breeze, I found it very easy. Plus I have a flat black so I would immediately spot any discrepancies in the finish.

I would try the application again, pad in one hand, MF in other. Simples.

·
Registered
12,847 Posts
C1 coating is not the easiest product to work with but the benefits of this type of product well ought weigh the fact its panel at a time and takes a bit of effort and a change of technique.

C1 is a nightmare product to apply! So much pressure not to let it set! :doublesho
Id not say its that bad, it dose take a bit of getting used to but thats why its for pro use only, it leaves a grippy feeling surface once buffed off, but the durability is well worth the effort.

·
Registered
28,590 Posts
Interesting test here and I will be keeping an eye on this for your results with interest :D ... We've been tinkering a lot with Aquartz lately, and are similarly impressed on initial testing (Gordon's posted a thread of his work on it :)). Looking forward to this, thanks for posting. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
I've been waiting for this and thanks for posting! :thumb: Nice one John but what happened to the Nanolex? :lol:

I, too, thought that C1 would've been more difficult to apply than you found it (based on it's 'Professional use only' tag) but glad to hear you didn't have any issues.

Look forward to durability updates and I'll get the Nanolex Pro Sealant if you want to replace the Collinite with it. ;)

Any difference in appearance between them other than the filling properties of the AQuartz?

Alan W

·
DW Sponsor
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I would say Aquartz is more glossy than C1 but really nothing between it.

Alan you know im very impatient I just had to try it!!

I don't know if they have changed the forumla etc. I really don't know why people find this difficult to apply, it's very very simple.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
C1 is easy to apply and remove, just have to use make up pads and take off quickly
just have to use good technique with wipe off not to leave clouds of residue that will set and cure becoming very unsightly.
water spotting is a problem on occasion with it too.

no real gloss improvement with it either. This is where Aquartz stands out along with others with similar technology

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
JJ- You say "The other two now had a lot to live up to. I literally cut back to basic polishes and LSP's because this product is so good."

Does this mean you have been testing this for some time and are super super impressed with its LSP characteristics? Might need to invest! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
jj - slightly confused - in the pictures you have a 250ml sprayer bottle on the c1 section. This doesn't look like any of the packaging we sell c1 in.

once you know how to apply c1 it's really a doddle to apply. Fast to apply - no need for heat guns etc. and even though we recommend to not get it wet for at least 4 hours, in reality we have had cars go out in the pouring rain 30mins after application with no adverse reactions.

regarding gloss. IMO (maybe I am biased :lol:) c1 definately adds some gloss. but we do always say that 99% of the finish comes from good prep work.

but having said that it follows that by adding a 100% optically clear coat of quartz to your car's surface will give you through the lensing effect of an extra layer of crystal clear coat added richness of colour, depth of shine and gloss.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
there is some Gtechniq bottles in the one picture on the roof though looks like the window kit ??

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.